Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Head hunger

1. Crisps
    Crisps
    Sorry if you have read this before on another post I wrote, I have terrible head hunger, I is driving me insane, I am fine all day then come 8pm I feel star in hungry and feel less I could eat for queen and country. Tonight for instance I had just over half a weight watchers lasagne (pureed) it massively and I didn't eat it all as I felt I had had enough, THEN 2hrs later I feel really really hungry again, so I go and do a dessert spoon each of baked beans and mashed potato, I knew after 1 teaspoon I wasn't hungry and ditched it, but I still feel hungry, I think I need to go and see someone for counselling, I would hate myself more if I failed with the sleeve. Any tips on combating Head hunger
  2. Karmela
    Karmela
    Wow that is really deep. I do understand what you're talking about as this is my second week after having my surgery I'm learning that I can only eat very little. When I get fool the sides on my stomach next to my ribs hurt. I had to think of a way to keep me full and I spoke to my doctor about it he told me to have more protein. At this point I decided to change the protein shakes that I drink and to get ones that had a large dose of protein. Also at night I keep a bottle water next to my bed along with five low-fat Ritz crackers. If I eat one or two crackers I am able to fall back asleep comfortably. It is definitely a battle but you got this you just got to think of ways to make you more full. I would say have to make two protein shakes during today and a small dinner at night and that should do you fine. Don't be so hard on yourself just know that we are all going through that struggle and I'm here if you need to talk and help you through whatever you need.
  3. Gracedivine
    Gracedivine
    I completely understand. I feel similar intensity kind of hunger. Here is what i think. #1 do you take any antacid like "Prilosec "?. It decreases the acid prodction which helps with hunger sensation. #2 drink at least 60g of your protein shake a day. I use the Costco brand.#3 it gets better after 4 weeks post op. #4 try really hard to get your water in. I hope this helps . Good luck
  4. Crisps
    Crisps
    Thank you so much for the support, I have managed my fluids since day 2 and not been dehydrated at all, I am in the UK so protein drinks are different BUT I do use one that has 50g per 100mls and I have 2a day and my meals, it really is only at night I feel it, my husband is now complaining as soon as he gets in I go to bed so I can't see him and the kids eating and cooking, I really thought I had this all sorted out in my head, I guess my head is a lot different to what I thought it was, I will try walking tonight and have a protein drink before I go, been on a stall for 5 days as well so that doesn't help either, I don't want to be the type of person who can only eat 1000 calories a day to maintain and needs less to lose, catch up soon
    K x