Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Very Happy I Found This Site

1. big shawmut
    big shawmut
    Very pleased I found this site. In the process of getting my sleeve. I had seriously thought about getting this procedure a year ago but didn't simply because of fear. Now I truly know this is what I need to do and I'm very much at peace with my decision. All the prelim work has been done i.e. dietician, mental health and surgeon meetings. Just waiting on my date. I love everyone as we all know there are good and bad people in all colors. BUT I'm so excited to see that the sleeve procedure has been done on so many of my beautiful people and great results which really make me happy with my decision. I'm not sharing my surgery plans with anyone other then my best friend which is my wife. She's finally onboard with my decision. I've been told that after surgery no more soda ever which for me is good Soda has always been my addiction and this is forcing me to give it up.

My question is brothers are you really able to workout hard after healing and resume sports like basketball, softball and flag football.
    My bad sorry sisters I know many of you play sports also so this question is for everyone. Need you all support and keep me in your prayers as I go on this new journey.

Blessings
  2. kamisha100
    kamisha100
    Well I am a woman and I know you were were looking for answers more from men, however I consider my workouts and training relatively vigorous since last year after completing my sleeve I became a sprint triathelete. I completed four run bike swims from the time of the procedure til the end of the year and of course there is training involved in between to get to that level. So to answer your question just from my perspective I believe you too will bee able to make your workout goals. Where food and fuel is concerned pace yourself and eat small but more often. But what you eat must be of quality fuel for the body.
    Thats my input.
  3. BillyJ
    BillyJ
    Take it slow at first. Remember you have shocked your body with this surgery but yes, in time you will be able to work out hard, if not harder, after you have healed. Also, unfortunately I reintroduced soda's after a year. I limit myself to 1 a week. If I drink it too fast I feel horrible but if I sip it, no problem.Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.