Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Regrets -scared

1. Barbsbc
    Barbsbc
    Hey everyone I'm booked for surgery in 24 days and now I'm freaking out. Being under 196 lbs and 5ft I wonder if I will regret getting a sleeve. Will I miss not being able to eat like normal people do? I'm getting scared I'm not making the right decision. Can anyone tell me your story how you handle this?
  2. mgreen
    mgreen
    That is crazy...don't listen to anyone but yourself. I did not weigh too much more than that and I am loving my sleeve. Getting ready to be in a size 12, nor more insulin and yes, I have to watch HOW MUCH I eat. YOu can be normal now, not eat 3 pieces of pizza when we should only eat 1 or 1 1/2. Enjoy your life. I work like Hell during the week to keep myself able to play on the weekends. I am not in a race to loose the most but to feel and look good. If that is what you want is to enjoy shopping and feeling good, then continue with the surgery. Listen to YOUR body and mind!
  3. specialkai
    specialkai
    I am nervous, too!! I am 5'5 and weigh 180, bmi is 30. Soooo nervous that I am going to regret this. My surgery date is Dec 9 - when is yours?
  4. Luann
    Luann
    I got my sleeve and I don't regret it a moment. I am feeling happier and better about myself & life in general than I have for a long time. My weight may not look all that terrible but it was on me. My frame is so small, and many of the pounds I have now are after muscle has turned to fat. My cholesterol was high, I have GERD and too much pain to work out. I look at this as a way to keep from being 10 -20 pounds or more heavier with each year. That alone makes the surgery worthwhile and necessary.

I miss solid food right now, but in a couple weeks I will be able to eat real food again. Just in smaller amounts. This is one of the best things I've ever done for myself.
  5. amayzme
    amayzme
    Hello. hope i can be included here. i am 5'6" tall wt 222.pounds..bmi about 36.0 i wear a size 16 pant and xxxl top.
  6. apricot41
    apricot41
    Barbsbc- how are you doing now? I am starting about the same as you too, but haven't had surgery yet.
  7. Tracy80
    Tracy80
    I am just starting my journey and hoping to get approved in the next few months I am about 5foot to 5 feet I inch and weigh between 196-200. I am hoping to lose 70-80 pounds. Do you think that is possible starting out below 200?
  8. Luann
    Luann
    I've read conflicting info. Some that we will only 60% or so of our excess weight (this is not specific to low BMI people - this is generic) but have also read that the people who are lower BMIs tend to lose all of their excess weight.
    An intake coordinator for a surgeon I didn't go with told me that I needed to be ok winding up closer to 100 pounds than 120. I wasn't sure about that, but I know I would rather end up being too thin than stay too fat / get heavier with each year. And I really don't think I will drop down anywhere near that low. At first the weight fell off quick & easy but now I am really having to eat carefully & work my program to see any weight loss at all. I think I will be lucky to get below 130, in any case this just affirms that I made the right decision. I might have been able to stick to a diet for a month, but not for months & months it would have taken to drop the weight I've lost so far. There's no way I could stick to a special restrictive diet for a lifetime without this smaller stomach making it possible - if not easy.
  9. kamisha100
    kamisha100
    As a small BMI er also I had all the same fear as all of you are expressing.
    I will not lie the first month was really hard, then every thing got easier. do as much research as possible. have a plan for for what you will eat on a daily basis. track your protein intake with apps like my fitness pal or lose it until you get used to your new life.
    As for enjoyment. I immensly enjoy being able to go out to any gathering or event as I am a very social person and know that I cant and wont derail my "diet", without paying the consequence. And make no mistake you will make some misjudgements in the beginning, but once you know your limitations you will enjoy guilt free eating. Get away from thinking about quantity and begin to think in terms of quality of food. you will find yourself thinking, is that really worth it, anwser most often is no, then you just pass it up! its guilt free heaven!
    Your not losing something, you are are being given a gift of a second chance at better food decernment is how I chose to look at it!
    Also when my Husband and I go out, He now refers to me as a cheap date because there is no need for me to order a full meal,we usually just do appetizers and a glass of wine.
    You will not regret the first time you slide into that first pair of jeans you have been dreaming of. My new Motto is "Nothing tastes as good as skinny Feels" vein I know but I mean it!
    Kamisha
  10. JennK
    JennK
    I like the idea of appetizers and a glass of wine!! Especially if it means I can wear those jeans I have stashed in the back of my close from 12 years ago!