Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

1. LuckyCharmz82
    LuckyCharmz82
    Anyone else bothered with this condition????? I'm just venting right now. I'm sooo tired of the flood gates(period) opening up and not stopping for weeks, but according to my surgeon, this surgery will correct the problem. I get my period, then it goes away for 4mths and comes back like a beast. Anyone care to share?
  2. BillyJ
    BillyJ
    I had it as well but opted for a hysterectomy to stop the problem. I was in my 40's and already had my kids so it was the best option for me. I had heard that weight loss would help it considerably but I was 21 days on 5 days off. It was causing anemia and weakness, not to mention a big pain. I hope it works out for you.
  3. bda
    bda
    I didn't have your condition, but I did have very heavy periods due to fibroids. After the surgery, my period is much better. It is very light. I am very happy about this. I hope it works out for you. Take care and good luck
  4. DeeFranklin14
    DeeFranklin14
    I have the same problem with my cycles!!!!! IT IS SOOOOOOO BAD!!!! I am planning to have my surgery in March. I hope this helps with PCOS.
  5. Nap2ral
    Nap2ral
    I have your condition as well so i totally understand. I usually have to get a prescription to stop and sometimes start my period. I have not yet had the procedure but i am curious are you able to lose weight successfully with pcos. Please give me any feedback all is welcome. I have had such a hard time losing and i fear i will not lose.
  6. shaw
    shaw
    Im new to this forum, i dont think i have your condition,, at least i dont know yet,, im almost 3 months post op,,im in the process of having allot of tests done i just asked a question reguarding is woman with the sleeve have experienced a long heavy menstral cycle since their sleeve,, i only got 1 responce,, i suffer from fibroids which i had 2 massive fibroids removed 3 years ago,, im so glad i came here,, i feel at ease just knowing im not alone,, im embracing the new sleeve life but when losing large amounts of blood,, that alone scared me to death,, thanx ladies ANY INPUT WOULD BE WELL APPRECIATED.. I HAD MY SURGERY NOVEMBER 18, 2015 MY TOP WEIGHT WAS 277 ALMOST 3 MONTHS IN DOWN 80LBS IM PASS MY GOAL WEIGHT OF 200 BLEEDING IS GETTING BETTER,, BUT IT DEFANATELY SUCKS BLEEDING ALL THE TIME,, THANKS