Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

February 26 Almanza sleevers anyone?

1. TxBeauty85
    TxBeauty85
    HEY YALL!!!

My surgery is scheduled for the 26th! Just wondering if anyone is going there that day? My surgery is scheduled with Almanza or his associate, Dr. Velazquez. Still undecided. Im just happy and confident to be in his care, and praying to God for a safe surgery and beyond!
  2. rurald
    rurald
    I had my surgery with Dr.Almanza on January 25th, 2016. There were 5 of us that had the sleeve surgery that day. We all still keep in touch and everyone is doing well. I would suggest taking some clothing that is warmer, it does cool off at night and most patients hang out around the pool which is on the north side of the hotel. I wish I would have taken ear plugs, I also took a small blanket and a heating pad both came in very handy.....good luck with your surgery, they take great care of you.
  3. Nancy5
    Nancy5
    I am also from Tx and I've lost 80 lbs since June 22nd and 80 lbs was my goal! Not gonna lie, the first couple of weeks you're completely exhausted and questioning your decision. I thought they might have sucked half my brain out because I just could think! But after that....holy moly! I've never been like this in my almost 60 years! I feel fantastic and I'm so proud of myself and thankful for Dr. Almanza and my friend, Yara, who told me about him! I wish I'd done this year's ago. You'll do great!
  4. stacyg127
    stacyg127
    I have surgery the same day but I'll be flying in on the 25th. I'm getting nervous but like you I'm confident in the care we will receive.
  5. TxBeauty85
    TxBeauty85
    Hey @Stacyg127 I get there on the 25th as well!! hope to see you!!! Im nervous, but just as you said VERY confident!!
  6. TxBeauty85
    TxBeauty85
    @Nancy5 WOW!!! that is sooo awesome and motivating!! KEEP GOING!! ON THE ROAD TO HAPPY!
  7. TxBeauty85
    TxBeauty85
    @Rurald WOW! Great and MUCH NEEDED ADVICE!! THANK YOU!!
  8. BigJ
    BigJ
    Dr.A did my Sleeve last year on 3/10/15. I am 127 pounds lighter and loving it. You will love your new self!
    See you on the Sleeved side.