Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hair Loss

1. Dimplezzz2002
    Dimplezzz2002
    I have read and heard a lot about hair loss beginning 3 months post-op. The ones making these claims are either White or Brown. I am terrified because I have locs. Is this a problem that plagues African Americans as well? Have any of you with locs had the problem! Help!!!
  2. BillyJ
    BillyJ
    I am African American and I have started to lose strands of hair. Thankfully, my hair is thick and I wear it natural. I cut it into a short bob and it is not as noticeable as before. I read that locs do fall out as well but to what extent I don't know. Are you taking Biotin? It doesn't stop the hair loss but it makes your hair come back stronger.
  3. Dimplezzz2002
    Dimplezzz2002
    Thanks for you reply. I will check out the biotin. Everyone doesn't comment about hair loss so apparently it doesn't impact everyone. Hopefully I'll be in that group. I've been growing my locs for 12 years. I hope I won't lose them.
  4. Joy48
    Joy48
    I wear my hair natural and use Hairfinity vitamins and I have not experienced any loss, but I was using it before my surgery in July .
  5. bpulli1
    bpulli1
    I'm only five months out but I haven't noticed any hair loss. I did cut my really short once I started lossing.
  6. Nick Nic
    Nick Nic
    I have lost a lot of hair. My hair is super thick but I definitely noticed it. So I am taking a lot of biotin so I hope it slows down.
  7. Seahawksfan
    Seahawksfan
    I have long curly 2a to 2b type hair and have noticed my hair thinning a lot. It's definitely something that's an issue for me and I need to start taking something for it. I want to cut it short and start over.
  8. newlook
    newlook
    I also have all natural hair and have been using Hair infinity vitamins I have been using them for months I am almost 2 months out and so far so good.
  9. tashakelson
    tashakelson
    Yes I too have shed lots of hair. I am hoping it will stop by next month (6 months). Taking vitamins and biotin helps slow down the shedding and your hair will grow back...you will thin but you won't be bald if that helps lol