Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

looking for the drive to keep on the path part 1

1. Grace
    Grace
    Tried to respond to supersmile's post but it isn't working.... and now I'm told only 1000 characters? grrr so multiple parts here

I don't eat when I'm bored. I eat when I'm happy... like I want to keep the energy up and the sugar calls me...so far I'm doing ok substituting sf sweet stuff. Weight drop slow this month, only 5 lbs so far but as I've been on antibiotics the last 10 days I'll take what I can get. It's depressing in a way to lose what I think of as the prior advantage of the sleeve, when we felt so full and not at all hungry at the beginning. Lately I wish I could have the sleeve done again - how bizarre is that? But reality says this is it and I'll need to fight the last 45 lbs off as I can eat much more than earlier and I have less to lose so it's just not going to come off as fast.
  2. Grace
    Grace
    Also feeling confused a bit because I'm not sure anymore where I want this to end up. I had a particular weight in mind at first, 185. Then with an arm lift I figured I'd be at about 177, just into "overweight" for insurance purposes. But now, at 230, size 18-20, I can't see myself at 185 even, it seems too small. I held up a size 16 jeans (bought them in advance) and to me, after years in size 30s, they look tiny. I think I'll be in a comfortable size 16 in about 30 lbs, just about 199-200 lbs. Pretty much decided now that will be it. Hubby loves how I look but he always has. I like it ok, but I know more off would make it easier to move around.
  3. Grace
    Grace
    So, why am I bothered by being at say, 199 or so? it's 136 lbs off and would make a huge difference in my future. I'm not bothered because I think it's still too large. I'm not bothered by the fact that I'll still be shopping in the smallest sizes of plus size or largest of "normal" size. I'm bothered because it seems like most people think I'm nuts to be ok with being a size 16. I feel like I'm "supposed" to get thin after the privilege of this surgery. There are folks here STARTING at size 16.
  4. Grace
    Grace
    I guess I'm still wrapping my head around what success is for each person. For me, it's that I don't need extenders anymore. That I can hop in and out of the car. That I can walk up 2 flights of stairs and not be winded. That I feel almost pretty. That for the first time in 10 yrs, I can sing in a full strong voice. In all those ways I have been successful. So, now it's harder to find the energy, the push, to continue. This scares the heck out of me, that I've lose my push to drop lbs and I'm doing it now because I'm supposed to. I/m not doing it because I want to, but because I'm not "done".
    I feel like I'm forcing myself and I don't know why I'm not more excited by the prospect of getting more comfortable, etc.
    All this has just been running around in my head for the past month, and while I'm still working the plan, I'm scared that next month or the month after I'll have totally lost my interest....
  5. Grace
    Grace
    Has anyone else felt like this? Like you want a break from all this but you're afraid if you don't push yourself to keep on instead of taking a break you'll never go back?
    Sorry about the book and thanks for listening....

Ok, mediahound, what's up with the truncated messages? what a pia!
  6. Lucy2011
    Lucy2011
    Omg,I feel the same way. Has surgery Nov 2011 and have lost only 32 pds. Where is my head? Can't seem to get jump started again...
  7. Lucy2011
    Lucy2011
    I am worried I should have had the gastric
  8. jerzeygirl
    jerzeygirl
    I think it's kind of normal (whatever that is) to lose a little of the initial "zest" and feel that way. I know the weight has slowed down and life isn't as perfect as I thought it would be now that I'm thinner I'm just taking it one day at a time and enjoying each day and each little success because there is a new one each day. Whether it be getting into a size 14 jeans, having somebody compliment me, looking at myself in the windows as I pass by places and think, "Is that really me", or just being able to get up and not have the same pains; I know it's the right thing for me to have had the surgery. It was the only way to improve my quality of life. I think there will always be ups and downs no matter what weight we get to be or how long it takes, I look at it as just "living my life". I don't want to get overwhelmed or feel the way I always have when I went on a "diet" (dirty word), but I just want to move forward in the most positive way I can for that day.
  9. Grace
    Grace
    I hear you. I think I was a little "high" emotionally on the initial quick weight loss. Even if I am only managing 1 lb a week or so right now, at least it's still moving in the right direction. I think more and more it's time to move this part of my life into a background space, still working the plan but not obsessing over everything to do with it.. and letting my body do it's thing at it's own pace. thanks for your reply.
  10. Msvetrn
    I'm feeling the same way, girls! I don't get on the scale everyday and when I do, if there is a loss, I don't get excited like I did in the beginning. I, also, feel like I am "suppose" to keep losing. We'll figure it out.
  11. Grace
    Grace
    I think maybe it's starting to creep back in but not in an excited this will be fun kind of way...it's more like work now. But as we ladies know there is also something to be said for a job well done...so if I have to consider it a job for a few months to get down to a healthier weight...so be it, it can't be any harder than being a single mom for years and working on a factory loading dock to support my kids...size 16 here I come
  12. slikslady95
    slikslady95
    Grace, I had my surgery in Oct 2011. I am down 77# since then. But it is getting harder as time goes on. I am still losing but slowly losing it now. I have a different mind set now that I have lost the weight. I no longer what food whether, sad, or depressed. I take about 5 bites of food at max and I push the plate away. I really never sit down to a full meal anyway. I snack through out the day. My day eating food os similar to this: Uncrustable (PB&J) on wheat for breakfast (Walmart), Lunch is either a small Gladiator smoothie (Smoothie King) or a small salad, Supper is either a protein bar or just a few bites of what I cooked for the rest of the family. And if by chance I start to feel hungry any time between meals, I just eat a few lightly salted almonds. I try not to eat after 6pm. I am here if you need some one to talk to. Stay strong. Never give up.
  13. laperkins
    laperkins
    I am so glad I found this group. I am in need of some encouragement. I am down 65lbs since I started this process. I am like Grace. I am lonely losing a pound a week. I feel like I can eat way more. I start thinking have I have stretched my stomach by overeating or not chewing well. I can feel my stomach growl or no when I am super hungry. I feel like I have more mind games go on with myself than I have before when I was dieting. Maybe I need to do liquid for a week and go back to the basics. Help just a little lost!
  14. Grace
    Grace
    I'm doing Atkins induction this week, and also trying not weighing every day (harder than not eating!). I want to drop 35-40 more lbs and I know I lose best this time of year into summer so trying to kick the carb habit (not that I ever ate many of them!).... and ...even more so kick the grazing habit. Grazing is so dangerous! So now I eat 3 meals and 2 snacks on a time table, never after 6pm and that is it. Otherwise I get water or unsweetened iced herbal tea. Hoping this will make a difference. Not looking for miracles, just even a steady 5-6 lbs a month and I'll be happy. Hang in there!