Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Where is everyone??

1. Keltia98
    Keltia98
    Hello all! Just wanted to check in on everyone and see how it is going. I think our little group has died a slow death. Let's see.

What are you eating? Are you exercising, and what kind? NSVs? Lets hear it.

I am down 75 pounds and it feels kinda slow at this point. Won't lose anything for a week and then 3 pounds fall off lol Losing is losing so I will take what I can get! I eat just about anything I want, protein first of course. I am up to about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of food at a time, depending on how dense the proteins are. Not eating a lot of veggies yet, but that will come in time. As for exercise, I walk about 2-2.5 miles a day most days. I plan to join the Y and see what they offer that works for me. NSVs? LOTS!! Sitting in a booth at a restaurant comfortably, sitting indian style, clothes falling off, and not getting up from every meal feeling bloated and over-full. I am finally learning my sleeve limits and that is a huge plus.

What about you guys? Whats up?
  2. sunshnca1
    sunshnca1
    It sounds like you are doing great... congrats on the 75lb weight loss!!!

I had my surgery on Sept. 1 and have lost 50lbs since surgery and 70lbs since I was approved. My weight loss is much slower now than at first. But I am losing and I feel great. Initially I was losing 1-3lbs a day!!! But now it's much less than that. Since Thanksgiving, I have lost 10lbs.

NONE of my clothes fit me anymore so I have had to go buy some in smaller sizes. I started this journey wearing size 16/18 and am now a 10. My goal is to lose 10-20lbs more and be a size 8. I now wear size Med tops when before the surgery I was a XXL. I also am able to easily cross my legs... which I was not able to do before surgery. Even my feet shrunk! I was an 8.5-9 before surgery and now comfortably wear a size 8. Crazy!

As far as eating goes, I can eat more now than right after surgery. I do get full easily though. I have a hard time with carbs and focus mostly on protein. I can eat small amounts of vegetables, but they can irritate my stomach. I am not as active as I should be, but I have a lot more energy than before the surgery so it's hard for me to sit still. I love to walk and don't get winded like I used to. I also plan to get an elliptical soon. I am hoping the elliptical will help tone me up a bit and help keep the weight off.
  3. LaffeyTaffey
    LaffeyTaffey
    Hi guys! I agree that our group is pretty dead compared to before. That happens a lot after people get their surgery unfortunately.
    I lost 41 pounds before surgery and when I checked my weight right before Christmas, I discovered that I had lost a total of 47 pounds since surgery which was Sept 22.
    One NSV is going from a 50/52 size bra to a 44. Woo! I started out barely being able to wear my size 5x shirts and 28 jeans - they were SO TIGHT. Now I'm in 2-3x shirts and just started wearing a size 24 jean, but I may actually be a 22 since I have to wear a belt with it.
    I don't exercise like I should, but I'd love to start swimming at the indoor pool my new job has. It's too cold here in Colorado to be walking outside with my toddler these days, but I'm looking forward to walking this summer! Hmm I haven't tried crossing my legs yet. Let me see... Yep, success!
    I eat about half of a cup of food at a time which is what my nutritionist said, that I should expect to eat this amount for several months yet. But I know everyone is different, so if I end up eating more sooner it's fine!
    I think my weight loss has slowed down, because I've stopped drinking protein shakes for over a month now and that was a big help getting my protein in every day. And I think that's about it for me guys!