Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Nervous and excited.

1. Dianne Sierra
    Dianne Sierra
    Nervous and excited, surgery is just a couple days away.
    Scheduled for December 2.
    Going with my pal Robyn to have this life changing procedure. It is a huge step, so thankful to have someone to share this journey with.
    Any tips?
  2. KaychieB
    KaychieB
    Tell him to make sure he seals your stomach properly so that you dont go home with a leak
  3. Lyndamarie
    Lyndamarie
    Good luck to you! I'm scheduled Dec 18th and can wait. Stay positive and optimistic, all will be well!
    Lynda
  4. Dianne Sierra
    Dianne Sierra
    I had my surgery yesterday and it turned out awesome!
    4 of us ladies did, and we are all doing wonderful..
    For me there is no pain, only some pressure.
    Much easier than the laparoscopic gall bladder surgery that I had previously in the states.
    We are waiting to be discharged..
    So far it has been a great experience.
  5. IrishLass13
    IrishLass13
    We did it Di! Diane and I had our surgeries yesterday. Diane a gastric sleeve and I had the lap Band removed and the sleeve done. So glad we did it together! Hos[ital staff is very wonderful. We came back to the hotel today for IV, showers and a bit of a rest. 2nd leak test tomorrow. Lookimg forward to a new start. Met some other incredible ladies and with that made some friendships.

Robyn
  6. Dianne Sierra
    Dianne Sierra
    Yes, we are on our new journey Robyn!

My primary reason to have the surgery was to get my BS, Diabetes and appetite under control.. 12 days out and mission accomplished!!
    Dr.Amonzo assured me that I would no longer have to take diabetes medicine.. He was so right,, not only is my blood sugar where I want it, 89-109, I am doing it without medication!!!

So far I have no problems with my husband cooking and eating in front of me,, any craving or desire is short lived and I have no desire to act on them..

10 pounds down and counting!
  7. kendraavant_ortiz
    kendraavant_ortiz
    Congrats ladies! I too had a sleeve. Best thing I could have done for myself. Dr. Almanza was awesome as was the staff. My daughter will be having a sleeve in January I will be with her and I am excited to see the staff again. Good luck on your journeys!