Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Same weight for almost 2 weeks

1. Minelliarroyo
    Minelliarroyo
    I had surgery done October 1st and lost 15lbs by the first week, it's October 18th and have lost 18lbs in total but have been at this same weight since around the 12th is it normal to stop loosing weight out of no where. I haven't gained weight but I've been at the same exact weight for almost 2 weeks
  2. Sunnybell
    Sunnybell
    Hi there...yes, we call it the 3 week stall. Very normal, as your body is playing catch up with your sudden loss and the surgery etc. Now is the time to take measurements, try on clothes etc, you will find your body is shrinking even if your scale remains the same. I was sleeved on January 29th and my whole journey as been lose then stop then lose again but my body has continued to change throughout. Enjoy the journey!!!
    HW-273.5
    SW 228
    CW 150
  3. SomeGuyJeff
    SomeGuyJeff
    You've lost 18ish pounds and it's been 19 days since surgery?
  4. SoReady4Change
    SoReady4Change
    I would say your on a good track.
  5. kamisha100
    kamisha100
    patience grasshopper. LOL
    the body is just making its adjustments to the sudden shock of it all. It happened with me several times, oh and btw i freaked out too, wondering if that was it because I hadnt reached my goal. just keep doing the right things daily and consistantly and the scale will move again! You got this!
  6. kendraavant_ortiz
    kendraavant_ortiz
    Weight loss stalls are really common. Don't be discouraged, I was after my surgery and it was all in vain. The weight will come off. Just continue to follow the plan and you will see success. I am down from a size 18 to a size 1 to 2. From 197 pounds to 109-110 pounds. My surgery was March of 2014 and I made my goal weight by December. I have maintained my current weight for almost a year. I feel great and am so excited about the second chance at life! I hope this will be motivation for you! If I can do it so can you. In fact my daughter will be having the same surgery on January 15th with the same surgeon. Dr. Almanza is great and I would refer any one to him!