Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Welcome

1. LBurtie
    LBurtie
    I would like to welcome any and all members who are from the Dallas Fort Worth area. Introduce yourself. Tell us about your sleeve or plans to sleeve. Thanks for joining!
  2. angiebaby
    angiebaby
    Im having the sleeve done mar.26th in Decatur with Dr.Stowers @ Bariatrics.I am nervous yet excited all
    at once A bit nervous just of the unknown but I know it will all work it`s self out.I have 5 children and
    as of 5 yrs. ago have gained weight and am ready to get back to the old me(HEALTHY)My dream goal is to run in
    a 5k that just seems like such a great accomplishment to me.This is day 6 on the liquid diet getting ready for surgery
    and holding strong it is a bit challenging cause I still have a family to cook for lol.Well prayers my way for a smooth surgery and recovery.
    thanks
  3. LBurtie
    LBurtie
    Hey thanks for sharing! Wishing you much success in all your future endeavors especially the liquid diet which we know is absolutely no joke. I hope your family offers you all the support you need.
  4. skwid
    skwid
    My name is Sandy. I am new to all this stuff. I have had my first dr. appointment. I have 5 more before my insurance will cover it. I live in Arlington Texas.I am worried about the 2 week liquid diet before the surgery. I don't think I can do it. How hard is it?
  5. tiffatavon
    tiffatavon
    I'm Tiffani and was sleeve by Dr David Kim 3 years ago. I live in the Ft Worth area. Still doing well with my 90 lbs loss but still working towards loosing another 40 lbs but still very proud of keeping off the 90.
  6. Mistydm28
    Mistydm28
    I am very new to all this! I have my initial appointment with Dr. Kim on July 31. My friend told me about this site and I have spent hours reading the forums. Glad to see a DFW Group exists on here. I, too, am pretty worried about the 2 week liquid diet. If I could go two weeks with no food I wouldn't NEED this surgery!
  7. skwid
    skwid
    Well i got my surgery date. It is december 30th. I have one more test to do. I have to get a ekd. I have never done this one before. I just got a call from my doctors office. My a1c is way too high. So i have to get it down or they won't do surgery. I go one my two week pre surgery tomorrow i am hoping that will help. It has to or i won't get my surgery this year.
  8. Tierney
    Tierney
    Hi Everybody,
    My name is Tierney and I live in Waxahachie. I've lived in Texas for seven years. I was born and raised in Wisconsin. It is certainly nice to have a group nearby. I am going through the preliminary sleeve process with Dr. Henke of Dallas. I hope to begin my journey in mid January.
    I must be honest, I am scared of losing weight, only to become bored with bariatric recipes and return to old ways of eating. All previous weight loss programs ended up in this horrible cycle.
    With that being said, I hope this online forum helps in redirecting my path.
    I am happy to be a part of this group and I thank you for listening.
    Tierney