Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How bout 60

1. skoggy
    skoggy
    Hi all, I am an older gal excited to be getting my sleeve done in Feb 2104. Where I live they won't do this if you are over 55 so Mexico here I come.
  2. StacyD
    StacyD
    Wait a second Skoggy - what do you mean they don't do it if you're over 55? Don't they realize the money the insurance company could save them by you having it??? Theres something terribly wrong with the health system!!!
  3. skoggy
    skoggy
    Hi, well we have universal healthcare here . I am not sure if all the provinces are the same or not..but even the folks who do qualify have to wait over 2 years to get a sleeve done. Not all perfect, but everyone in Canada has health care at no cost, cept the rules.
  4. tina417
    tina417
    I understand about wanting to get it done in Mexico. I'm uninsured and waiting for US Medicare to kick in as I am classified as Disabled finally.

I had mine done four weeks ago in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and used MedToGo International as my medical coordinator. Do you have a doctor lined up? I have no regrets in going to Mexico to have mine done and have been complication-free, did not even have to take pain meds after. Didn't have an NG tube or drain or anything similar to some Sleeve patients, not sure why that is.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
  5. GotANewLife
    GotANewLife
    I'd love to find some friends in the over 50 or 60 age group. The one post I read asked if we were having stomach problems. Yes I am and would enjoy "comparing notes" with some of you. . .
  6. cathbas
    cathbas
    i am 60 and at my last drs apt tomorrow, if all goes well, the diet begins and the date is set..hopefully the end of the month..everything else is done..so yea..i would love to find other of us "60s getting sexier" out there!!
  7. virgomrs
    virgomrs
    I just discovered this forum and my surgery is tomorrow! 4-1-15 I am the big 65- I was on Medicare disability but waited until I could get an affordable medicare supplement before proceeding. The prep has taken 3 months,but it has been educational and worth it.
    I've been on the full liquid, high protein, low carb diet for the last week, and today is clear liquids only. I'm very excited to be beginning this journey to health and a fuller life!

Home from surgery! Came through with flying colors!
  8. olygal
    olygal
    What do you think? is 64 too old? I wish this surgery was available many years ago, but now my heath is a concern.