Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Dec 18 surgery date!

1. lgroup
    lgroup
    Hello all. I just got my date and it's Dec 18th! Oh my, this just got real for me

I don't have to do any pre-op diet just have to do final Nut review, physical and blood work. All are scheduled. I haven't told very many people and now I have to either commit to it being 'public' knowledge or go on keeping my mouth shut. Uugg. How have you handled that?

Lynda
  2. IrishLass13
    IrishLass13
    Good for you!! I'm doing mine 12/2 and very excited as well!! I haven't told a lot of people myself as I don't want to deal with the negativity... those I have told are supportive for the most part - very personal choice. Good luck and congrats for the big step to a healthier life!!
  3. klgnms
    klgnms
    Congrats! I made the decision not to tell people because I don't want to deal with the negativity. This was a personal choice to better my health and my life, so I feel it's on a need to know basis.
  4. Texasmomma2
    Texasmomma2
    Hello!!!

I am scheuduled to be sleeved Dember 8th!! I only told very close family and freinds.. I didnt want a lot of opionions .. So unless yo were in my wedding the dont know. lol The ones that know are supportive mostly supportive Has any one else started the per op diet yet?? I am 4 days in and really sick of protien shakes but sticking to it. I have everything done except I have to get labs and a chest x ray on the 30th and I have to go back to the sleep center to get a c pap fitted.. Honestly I dont think its needed because the monitor fell off a lot.
  5. Lyndamarie
    Lyndamarie
    I'm the 18th and also named Lynda wit h a Y!! We are sleever twins!! I've told my customers to explain why I am not going to be working but thats about it.
    It is uncomfortable to justify to people why I'm having weightloss surgery in Mexico.
    Good luck to you Sleeve Twin!!
    Lynda
  6. lgroup
    lgroup
    Are you all getting as anxious as I am??? I hope you all post about your experience after surgery. I pray we all breeze through and feel fabulous Saturday morning! Looking forward to following my surgery friends!
  7. lgroup
    lgroup
    My sleever twin (lyndamarie), where you choose to do this is your own decision to make. Try hard not to justify it to anyone but yourself. Once you and your immediate loved ones are are comfortable with your decision, everyone else doesn't matter.
  8. lwmatch
    lwmatch
    Good luck to all! Mine is on December 16th and just got final medical ok from Cardio Dr. Now it is real. Except for immediate family, my story is getting 2 hernia repairs done and stomach being checked for 'damage'. "If I start losing weight" they must have had to do something to my stomach because of the hernias. My story and I am sticking with it. lol. Will update as I go.