Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Band Gone Bad.....Sleeve, not sure what to expect???

1. Sleevegal2015
    Sleevegal2015
    My Sleeve Sistas,

I need your help, a bit concerned. The lap band at some point became a "choker" that made eating a mess. I am having a revision so I am not sure what all to expect. I understand about the bougie and the sizes so I have spoken to my surgeon about that. But can some of you tell me has this been worth it for you or not? I will be going to surgery in March and cutting up my stomach, I am a bit ashamed.....holla at me please. Thank you
  2. SumLGS
    SumLGS
    I'm only on day 15 but I have lost 10lbs and I'm happy with working with it. I just became able to eat today though so I'm still very new. Best of luck to you though. I hope your sleeve helps you get healthy!
  3. Sleevegal2015
    Sleevegal2015
    Thank you SumLGS, that helps! This is a BIG DECISION!!! Just need to reset my life. Thank you!!!
  4. BillyJ
    BillyJ
    It was definitely worth it for me. I am 6 months sleeved and have dropped 67 lbs. I had no complications. At first it was a bit scary because I wasn't sure what I could eat etc. But just follow the surgeons orders and listen to your body. It will tell you when to stop eating. Good luck to you.
  5. Sharivsg
    Sharivsg
    I love my sleeve and would never changed my mind about it. Hw 315
    sw 289.6 cw 273. Surgery was 12/30/14. I am at a stall right now, but
    I continue to do what I am suppose to do; walk and walk on treadmill at least until I am released
    to exercise .
  6. Sleevegal2015
    Sleevegal2015
    So all you all have been revision from a sleeve?
  7. Sleevegal2015
    Sleevegal2015
    OOOps I mean from a lapband???
  8. Minnesnowta
    Minnesnowta
    WOW! I'm going in the opposite direction. I had Gastric 11 years ago. I lost and maintained 90lbs loss. In the past year the scale is slowly creeping up. I do not want to go back to my former way of life. I know this is the best decision for me before I get too depressed and feel like a failure. Having my lapland after gastric this week. Please keep me in your prayers.
  9. Rosepetals65
    Rosepetals65
    I lapband removal was 2010 fought 3 years with ins co for revision to sleeve - gained all the weight back + 70 more - now I am gladly paying cash for my sleeve ... Mexico here I came 3/17/15 ... BTW started my 10 day liquids today.
  10. ChunRenee
    ChunRenee
    how is everyone's progress with their revision? i currently have lap band and would like the sleeve. Just hesitant about the process and dealing with my insurance but i want this weight gone and i want control of my body! hypothyroidism is kicking my butt and my band is not helping at all.
  11. Sleevegal2015
    Sleevegal2015
    ChunRenee, The conversion is very different and I just wish I had known what to expect. If you are dealing with hypothyroidism, you need to do your homework as the sleeve from a band can be a ride. I had my surgery and had a removal and revision at the same time. The swelling can slow your weight down as the scar tissue can be tricky and it goes on and on and on. Just do not expect a wonder process. Things may be real different with that preexisting condition....thyroid.
  12. Merceded60
    Merceded60
    Hi I just recently got my revision on September 10, 2015 2 weeks tomorrow. I now have the sleeve because I lost weight on the band but gained it all back. It was like it was not even there. So since they are no longer doing the band my insurance pre approved my sleeve because I was having problems with the band. I never wanted it in the first place but at the time that is what the insurance approve because they say my BMI was not big enough for a sleeve. But my dr did a wonderful job on me getting approved. This is it for me no more WL surgeries!! Me personally the sleeeve surgery was painful and I never want to go thru that again.
  13. ChunRenee
    ChunRenee
    thanks for your responses. Oh trust me i have been doing research. I have been able to get my thyroid somewhat under control but even my doctor is now thinking that the sleeve may be a better option since the weight isn't coming off. i walk 5 miles a day i'm on a pescetarian diet i watch carb intakes and still the scale barely moves. i know there is complications with any surgery but i would prefer to remove the band and try the sleeve because the band is just there it isn't doing anything productive.
  14. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    Now under the Obamacare you can get your band removed and do a six month program with your health provider and get another band, a sleeve or bypass. Now my story is I had a good run with my sleeve but sadly that run has now ended and I gained all but 30 of the 108 pounds I gained back. I am upset at myself being that I gained almost all that THIS YEAR and it could be due to I had a rough year and my stomach is now completely healed so I am going to see about some other options now. I will try to keep you updated. Just choose wisely whatever doctor you go to if you choose to go to Mexico, pick a doctor with lots of experience and do not let cost be the factor. As A LOT OF THE LADIES who got sleeved around the same time are learning that went with cost YOUR STOMACH is very sensitive after surgery so you may think that it was sleeved correctly so you lose 20-50 pounds but then find out that is all you will ever lose and end up needing another surgery and wasted a lot of money.