Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Surgery today

1. Anniesleeve
    Anniesleeve
    I leave in a bit to check in, and my surgery is today at 11 Colorado time. I am hoping to be back to work by Monday. I am ready and only a tiny bit nervous. I really like reading this site because it has so much good information. I have not found anyone who regrets the decision and that is compelling. My weight today is 228. I will post again as soon as I feel up to it.
  2. paradoxcowgirl
    paradoxcowgirl
    Good luck! I just got to the hospital, checked in and waiting for prep!
  3. Victerria
    Victerria
    Best wishes for surgery and recovery to my two fellow sleeves in November, Anniesleeve and paradoxcowgirl! Keep us posted. My surgery is coming up on the 23 Nov!
  4. Lynda_Honey
    Lynda_Honey
    Good luck!! Looking forward to your updates.
  5. Anniesleeve
    Anniesleeve
    I'm home and doing pretty good. I take a percocet when needed. Only a couple yesterday. How are you doing PCG (Paradoxcowgirl)? Are you recovering okay?
  6. Sarakm1
    Sarakm1
    Good luck!
  7. tangyevans
    tangyevans
    My surgery is 11-17-15. A little nervous. I want to go directly home after surgery but my only child (son) what me to stay with him. It is appreciated, however, I would like to just get surgery over with first.
  8. tangyevans
    tangyevans
    Good luck and God Bless to everyone with an upcoming surgery date. Those sleeved already, I pray for you success.
  9. Anniesleeve
    Anniesleeve
    So I am three weeks out from surgery and feeling really down today. I'm usually the one who hosts and cooks Thanksgiving and Christmas for our huge extended family and friends. I can barely get on the treadmill for a half hour and I am so low on energy. Guess this year just has to look different. I need to remember that terrible feeling every January when I my weight was up and I all the years of struggle to lose. My hope is that I will get my energy back so I can work out regularly. I keep thinking I am going to be one of the few that this doesn't work for. Sorry to be Debbie Downer, but today has been rough. My 19 year old daughter is studying in London this semester and this is our first Thanksgiving apart. My 22 year old son is with his girlfriend's family and then they come here tomorrow...that will cheer me up!
  10. MargeB
    MargeB
    Anniesleeve - I deliberately chose the holidays to do my sleeve/recovery. It is hard - but yesterday I sent my husband, kids, and mother-in-law to our dear friend's mother's home for Thanksgiving. I stayed home and took a nap. Please hang in there. It is normal to get a little depressed after ANY surgery, and this one involves so much emotional stuff as well. I take multiple 5 minute walks, and I still need to nap during the day. It will only get better. Your energy will come back as you are able to eat more and increase your caloric intake a bit. We just need to hang in there and support each other during the rough patches. Be gentle to yourself. You've got this.