Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Sept. 2015 sleevers

1. sunshnca1
    sunshnca1
    Hi everyone,

I am scheduled to have surgery on Sept. 1, 2015 with Dr. Chae in Denver CO. My husband had the sleeve surgery with a different doctor on March 19, 2015 and he has lost 87lbs to date (about 4.5 months). It was tough for him at first and he really struggled to keep anything down, even a water bottle cap size drink of water. He also suffered from dehydration really bad at first. It took him several weeks to recover but now does not regret his decision at all. I know it will be hard at first, but am looking forward to the long term results.

So tell me a little about you. What is your surgery date? Where are you from? Who is your surgeon? Why did you choose gastric sleeve over the other WLS options?

Wendy
  2. Ready2lose100
    Ready2lose100
    How are you feeling?
  3. Davis165
    Davis165
    So, how are you doing?
  4. charlotteweb
    charlotteweb
    Hi i was sleeved september 9th 2015. I feel great but haven't lost a lot.
  5. Davis165
    Davis165
    Charlotteweb, don't worry about your current loss. This is a marathon not a sprint. You're in it for the long haul and your weight loss goals are, too!
  6. CJStudio
    CJStudio
    Hi. I had my op on 17th Sept. I was losing about 1 pound every day for the first two weeks but I then put on a pound and I'm just over 3 weeks post op and my weight's not shifting. I'm really worried. I'm eating a ramekin/cup size of food 3 times a day (meat, potato, fish, veg - whatever the family are having I make into a purée) plus low cal yoghurt or bread sticks for occasional snacks. I'm drinking lots of skimmed milk and water. Am I doing anything wrong? Any advice would be great.