Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Too Much?

1. nvargas79
    nvargas79
    Had my surgery May 22,2015, with Dr. Almanza. I'm currently 4 months out and able to intake a lot more calories than I usually would. I have once gone over my 1200 calories for 1 day. I usually intake 950 calories or so, I also haven't started working out or any scheduled activities to help along my weight loss. I understand that some people forget about eating all together but it seems like that's all I'm thinking about. I'm currently loosing 5 lbs every 2 weeks and down to 155lbs from 197lbs day of surgery. I'm not complaining at all, very proud of myself but don't want to go backwards and end up the way I started. Just wondering if anybody else was going thru or gone thru this and any (nice) advice you could give would be appreciated! Thank you much and have a great day everybody!
  2. N2DVN
    N2DVN
    Any time that I feel like I am able to eat too much, I just follow the 5 day pouch test. Usually by day 2, I am back to my post-op eating ability. I'll be 4 yrs post-op in January and have maintained nicely. I don't think that I have ever had a day over 900 calories. Don't worry about not having exercised yet. I actually didn't start a regular program until this past May. Before then, the only thing that I did was the occasion dive trip.

5 pounds every 2 weeks is great. Doesn't sound like you have too much more to go. You will reach a point where you will want to stop losing. So, don't beat yourself up. You are doing great!