Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Back in the Saddle Again!

1. julesdeck
    julesdeck
    Hi everyone! I know I haven't been on here but there have been way too many things happening. I am back now and need to get back on track. It is now true riding season for me down here in Florida. I already joined a riding group and am planning on riding at least 6-8 hours a week as part of my exercise routing. My horse is being a "mare" in every respect lately (my fault for not working her). How is everyone else doing?
  2. plp55
    plp55
    Hi Jules, do you ride more in the fall because of the heat? We are "looking forward" to a lot of rain in California this winter, expect our arena will be hit and miss. 6-8 hours a week is a great goal. I have a new horse as of August, took a bad dump off my Tb, actually it was a very nice somersault and I think in a gymnastics competition it would have been rated a "10" so gave that one back to my trainer, my daughter is actually competing on her, and I found a really sweet Tb/Quarter. My old man is almost 28 but still hanging in there but this summer and heat and flies and fighting the summer sores has been hard on him Have fun!!!!
  3. julesdeck
    julesdeck
    I have been very lucky, no summer sores. Lots of horses at the barn had them though. I rode most of the summer, but only once a week really due to my crazy schedule with my sister. Now she's home, so it's all about me again. The fall, winter, and spring are the best around here. Our rainy season is the summer. I've done some nice dismounting in my day....lol Glad you are ok. I just posted a swimming picture from this past weekend in Tampa Bay. That was fun!! I'm riding tomorrow after work and then Sat & Sun.