Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

too much synthroid

1. DZGAL
    DZGAL
    OL lets say issues .com, At the beginning of the year, I had lab done and TSH was up to 2.4 This is a bit high for me so I asked Dr to switch me to synthroid or increase my dose, he did both. I have been cruising until this past week. I am down almost 35 lb and I started getting palpitations on and off in evening. I took magnesium with some decrease in activity, then 2 days later skipped a Sythroid dose starting back on previous levothyroxine dose which seemed to work until this am. I had on and off palpitations from about 1am until it was sustained for over and hour by 5am, went to ER as I was in Afib rapid response rate of 150s to 170s, I was sedated and shocked to return my heart to normal rhythm. They checked my TSH and it was 0.7, much to low for me. My plan is to stop thyroid med for a few days then restart on previous dose, see my Md. My question is, how long do you think I should stop med before starting lower dose, Also I want to know if weight loss has effected anyone else s dose.
  2. Ella-Ann35
    Ella-Ann35
    I was on levothyroxine before my surgery. Now I am off of it completely. So levels do change.
  3. RehabNurse
    RehabNurse
    My dose of Synthroid was recently reduced from 150mcg to 125mcg. As we lose weight, we need less thyroid hormone replacement medicine.