Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How is everyone doing since surgery??

1. scanlonmama
    scanlonmama
    I feel amazing, love seeing the numbers go down on the scale, but more I love feeling better. I have acid reflux but besides that nothing bad. I am so happy I did this!!!
  2. KariRMacPhee
    KariRMacPhee
    I'm doing really well too. I'm 5 days out from surgery. I had my acid fixed and hernia fixed at the same time. The pain isn't as bad as I thought. I still have gas pain though, it's more of an annoyance.
  3. Redab051
    Redab051
    Good Morning All,
    I am feeling amazing by Gods grace.... My start was not well stayed 2 extra day in hospital, bit I an 8 days out and I feel great... I have acid reflux as well but I lost 20 lbs. so far....ready to go forward with you all help and support....

Thanks
  4. BoomerAng83
    BoomerAng83
    Surgery on 8/18 - am on my second day back at work.. I also have had some acid reflux which is new for me but bearable with a prescription.. most of my incisions are healed; still some soreness but nothing terrible.. still looking for more energy to get a good walking program going but doing okay!
  5. cssamo
    cssamo
    I had surgery on August 19th. I am still a little bit sore when I try to get out of bed. I use my stomach muscles to get up.
    I haven't started walking yet. But I want to. It seems like when I get home from work in the evenings, I have NO energy.

I lost about 15 pounds right away, but I haven't lost any in a few days. Actually I think I have gained back some.

I eat anything, but I don't eat much of it. I have even eaten a doughnut, and felt bad about it.

I have eaten chicken, but it made me sick.

I think my stomach sleeve is big, because I can drink a lot of water. Like 8oz of water. Anyone else?
  6. Mrsdez
    Mrsdez
    I still have a lot of pain on the left side all muscle. I'm still swollen but I'm able to get down the correct amount of liquids and protein. I'm 2 weeks out so I know next week will get better than this week.
  7. Sharon77
    Sharon77
    I feel wonderful today & I am 10 days post op! I spoke with the MD assistant & nutritionist last week and they both told me if I could not tolerate the protein shakes (they make me nauseated just thinking about having to drink them) to go ahead & try very soft, puréed items like beans, mashed potatos & meat. So last night I made myself chicken salad purée mush. OMG...it was the best tasting mush ever! And I have tolerated everything just fine. On day 4 I pushed it a little too far & experienced dumping for the first time. Not. Fun. At. All. But I think because I got a huge boost in protein (and taste) that's why I feel so good today. I return to 12 hr shifts on Thursday so me & my new pouch need to work everything out in the next few days. ;-)
    I hope everyone else is doing great & remember......"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!" And "We're in this together!"
  8. Lillyn
    Lillyn
    17 days out and feeling wonderful! My incisions are healed, no stomach discomfort, I sneeze and cough without a pillow! I have been walking everyday for over a week and lifting 10 lb weighs in moderation. I am still eating soft foods, varying and trying other things as I can, getting 1-2 protein shakes a day and trying hard to force a reasonable amount of water down. The water intake is hardest for some reason. I feel great in the morning,but by the end of day even though my food intake is barely 500-700 calories (guessing) I feel full and uncomfortable. I had one episode of dumping and vomiting ( broccoli and a lunch out at restaurant that included 6 pieces of pasta!. Never again!!!!!!! All in all I am 20 lbs down and so happy I did this, wondering why I did not do it sooner.
  9. lizpuga4186
    lizpuga4186
    I am a month post op today and I feel great ,, I could not had made a better decision to get this surgery im really blessed .. I am learning what i can and cannot eat and that has been a challenged, because there is things I loved and cannot have anymore ..
  10. Ladykk
    Ladykk
    I was sleeved 08-01-14. I am doing good. Still learning what I can eat and cannot eat. I want the weight to come off faster. But, I am happy it is still coming off. Lol. I want this to be a successful journey. My life depends on this. Some days are easier than others. However, I cannot afford to give up. As, the price of failure is to much.
  11. Sasquatch
    Sasquatch
    I was sleeved on 8/7/14, and I have dropped 30 pounds since surgery, and 52 since I started the process. I feel good, but it's hard sometimes knowing when I've had too much, and it comes back up. It's been about 6 weeks and I still find having the protein shakes the easiest, or the soups. Regular food, is harder for me to know when to stop. I hate it when it's been too much, and it's in my throat. Yick!!! All in all, I'm very pleased that I'm not hungry and I feel good most of the time.
  12. VSGSetyoufree
    VSGSetyoufree
    Hey August Sleevers,

This is the first group I've joined. I had about the easiest surgery (8/7/14) one could have. Home the next day, never had any discomfort or need for any painkillers. Eating recently has been a bit of a chore. Two forkfuls of shrimp and broccoli and I was very uncomfortable. I have been surviving on yogurt, protein shakes and lean ham and turkey meats and string cheese. The way I feel now I can't envision getting back to eating a regular (smaller portion) diet. I have no hunger, but this will probably get boring soon.
  13. Redab051
    Redab051
    Good morning I was sleeved on 8/25/2014 and I am feeling wonderful, I have lost over 60 lbs and I am down from a 22 to a 16, Loving my sleeve...
  14. JoshMcC1982
    JoshMcC1982
    Good morning. I was sleeved on August 8th. I feel amazing and have lost 113 lbs. Went from 312 lbs down to currently 199. I also made a HUGE change in my daily routine as I went from being a bus driver/cafeteria worker to being a full time custodian. (I think that kinda accelerated things) I feel amazing though.
  15. Redab051
    Redab051
    I am doing very well, I am 4 months out and down to 197. Since August 25. Love my sleeve...I would do it again.
  16. mfunbunny
    mfunbunny
    Hi, One year ago, I started my journey. I am 69 years old and have lost 70+ lbs. I feel so much better and definably look better. If I can do this anyone can. We never know what the future holds! But we know who holds the future. Feel better about myself everyday!!