Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

A week away from surgery and im changing my mind?

1. Lonnalove
    Lonnalove
    Well not really but kind of....I've been doing so good on my pre op diet that I have second thoughts about going through with he surgery. I keep thinking why can't I just continue doing this and then I remember that I have done this before. I'd lose a fast 40 pounds and then I couldn't maintain the diet. So I'm going forward with surgery but has anyone else felt this way right before their date?
  2. carla3
    carla3
    No I haven't, I had some family members that thought that, but I know me, I was not going to continue eating like that long term. Now I am 1 week post-op and I am glad I did it. I have only lost 4.9 lbs since surgery day, but I have lost a total of 25.9 including pre-op and all. That ultimately has to be your decision though. Good luck!
  3. Lonnalove
    Lonnalove
    I am def going forward, I guess its just fear of surgery as it gets closer. I have been stuck between 280-300 for the last 3 years, before that i was stuck between 260-280 for 5 and so on and so on. Every couple years its an extra 30 pounds im dealing with and everything I have tried has failed. I guess I was just wondering if anyone was getting cold feet the closer it got to surgery day.
  4. Lmm300m
    Lmm300m
    My surgery is tomorrow and I've been waiting since January for approval and scheduling. I'm doing fine today but it has been the last 3-4 days I've worried and had trouble sleeping, it is so normal and to be expected. I've lost quite a bit of weight since January but I know it will come back at a drop of a hat if I get put on steroids again. Or go back to my normal eating habits I will always be heavy and will need ankle and knee replacement. One foot in front of the other before surgery and after. I actually watched a surgery online and instead of scaring me more it calmed my fears.
  5. good2me
    good2me
    Hi Lonnalove! I too was nervous about the surgery to the point that I was talking myself out of it (I am 2 weeks post op now and doing great). I think it is common to be nervous about the surgery part and it is up to you as to whether or not you go through with it. For myself, my only regret is that I didn't have the surgery sooner. I have lost 18 lbs since surgery and lost 24 lbs pre op for a total of 42 lbs so far. I have no doubt that I made the right decision for me! Lmm300m I wish you the best on your surgery day tomorrow. Please keep us all updated on how you are doing. I was like you before surgery and watched the live surgeries on Youtube and it helped me too
  6. Lonnalove
    Lonnalove
    Thank you....congrats on the good work!!