Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Surgery date was moved up! Time to get REAL!

1. justjeana
    justjeana
    Hello everyone! My name is Gina. My initial surgery date was Sept. 9th, but they called and asked if I wanted to move it up to August 19th and start my Pre-op diet. So here we go! So far so good on the diet, I have been pretty hungry at times, but I just push through it and keep busy. All pre-op labs and registration have been done. It's so close and I'm ready to get this done. The lady that registered me had the Sleeve done as well and gave me all kinds of tips and pointers. She told me to ask the nurses for an abdominal band afterwards. She said it would help as I start to get around and walk. She also said that Walmart has all the vitamins I need (chewable Centrum) at a much cheaper price than the "fusion" ones I ordered offline. Another tip was that after her surgery, sugar free Popsicles were her best friend, so I'm stocked up on those too. 👍 Two days and a wake up! 😀
  2. good2me
    good2me
    Hi justjeana and welcome to the group! Congratulations to you on your surgery being moved up! Two days and a wake-up is not that far away I had my surgery on the 3rd and am doing well. My incisions are healing nicely and I have already lost 16lbs since surgery and 40lbs total since starting my journey. I wish you all the success and agree that popsicles are a lifesaver. For some reason plain water is not sitting as well in my pouch as flavored liquids and popsicles, which I'm sure is because my tummy is so new. I was also not tolerating my chewable bariatric vitamins (the chewable gels are fine) so I started mixing them in the blender with my morning protein smoothie and have had no further problems. Best wishes!