Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

10 Days till my surgery!

1. NYGIRL
    NYGIRL
    Hi everyone!

Well it is 10 days until I have my surgery and I am getting a bit anxious. My doctor put me on the liquid diet for one week, so I will be starting that on Monday 10/6....I am trying to learn and soak up as much information that will help me after the surgery. I want to know, did you all feel very nervous before your surgery or were you just excited? I have a mixture of both emotions.

If anyone has any words of advice, I would greatly appreciate them!!

Thank you!! xoxox
  2. Leslie L.
    Leslie L.
    I'm nervous and mine isn't even until March.
  3. Stephanie2
    Stephanie2
    It is very common to feel nervous before surgery and even doubt yourself about having the surgery. I am naturally a worrier so I worried about everything there is to worry about. The best advice I can give you is to take each day as it comes and concentrate on that day because tomorrow will be here quickly enough. Know that you are going to have rough days and even days that you may regret having had the surgery, those days will pass. Keep coming back to this site because there are some great people who will be here for you and encourage you and even give you a swift kick if you need it. But most of all know that you are having completely normal thoughts and most of us had the same ones. Just knowing that others are going through the same thing has helped me tremendously! Good luck and keep us posted!!
  4. Sissy girl
    Sissy girl
    I was very excited and had surgery a week ago yesterday and doing great. So far no issues at all and down 12 lbs. in one week. So much easier than I ever anticipated. Good luck.
  5. Aquajog
    Aquajog
    A biggie is .If you have not stopped drinking soda ad caffeine start that ow . Easier eliminating before than after ..start sipping rather than drinking fast .. You have a few days before start of liquid diet ..start cutting your food into very small pieces and chewing until it feels like mush...also do this with out drinking with your meal ..
    Do not keep stock on protein drinks because you may not like the same thing after you are sleeved .
    Things to have on hand after surgery .. Peppermint and ginger teas . Both were good for upset stomach.
    Chap stick , lips can get very dry . Sugar free popscicles , feel good on throat and theygo down easy ..count as 2 oz fluid .
    Good Luck!
  6. Kimber0721
    Kimber0721
    18 days till my surgery and just found out on Tuesday that insurance approved. I have been on a roller coaster. Feeling excited then nervous -- wondering if I am doing the right thing. So I know exactly how you are feeling.
  7. Love4mykids
    Love4mykids
    im 1 day away and i am on a roller coaster of emotions, to top it off i have my pd and feel crappy !