Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Wanting to have surgery on July 21st but have a 2 day fishing trip August 13th. Too soon??

1. Noelle Addlesberger
    Noelle Addlesberger
    Hi, I have a deep sea Fishing trip bought and paid for August 13th for 2 days and am concerned that 22 days post op I won't feel up to it and will have difficulty getting my protein in etc. thinking I should reconsider date and go 4 days post trip?? Thoughts from anyone that is post surgery? Thinking I may still be sore and not healed enough but am eager to start my journey too...
  2. Nancy5
    Nancy5
    Hi, I had surgery one week ago. Finding protein drinks is not a problem. You can find them at most convenience stores. It may not be your favorite, but they'll have something for the muscle builders. My problem right now is fatigue and headaches. I can't imagine deep sea fishing. My friend who had her surgery in April can do whatever she wants now. But she's farther out than you will be by your side your trip. Your wounds may not be completely healed by then also and that's something to think about. Some people have drainage for a while. I think a lot depends on your age and resiliency.
  3. Noelle Addlesberger
    Noelle Addlesberger
    After much thought I have booked my surgery for 8-20 I'm very excited!!! Now I can enjoy my trip and come back, start my pre-op diet upon return and start my new life...
  4. Windi
    Windi
    Thank you for your question. I have surgery on Aug 17th & an out of town business meeting 3 weeks later. I hope I'll be ok for the trip. I'm nervous like you.