Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Mexico up to this point!

1. KaychieB
    KaychieB
    Yay! I finally made it to the hotel!
    The day has gone as expected. I arrived in San Diego at 11:23am today and met 2 other girls there, I was the last one to arrive.
    I called Weightloss Agents when I arrived and then Omar (the driver) pulls up!
    WARNING:
    1. Omar is a cute
    2. He's worse than a New York driver (and their bad) at driving. I mean he drives good but in a fast and furious way..get it?
    3. The van was a little broke down but the reason behind it is understandable. (He gave us some insight since I speak spanish)

He drove us to HMN Hospital which is on a super busy street. Once I went inside I felt 100% more comfortable. The nurses and staff are so welcoming and kind. The Cardiologist is a sweet old man. I can tell he has passion for what he dose!

Them my meeting (to collect payment) with Mr. Almanza (Dr. Almanza's brother)........he's handsome too! So much eye candy in Mexico what's a girl to do.

Anyways at the hospital we filled out patient intake formx (They're in English), sign medical/treatment consent forms (Those are in Spanish. They'll be explained to you, I read them and it is what it is. Just authorizing to be given treatment and general anesthesia. You will also have your blood pressure taken, EKG done, and blood drawn. You will also make your payment at this time.

The nurse who assisted in this process is so sweet. She told how much she cares about her patients and her passion to provide bedside care.

I also ment my Jen (JMiller) and gave her the biggest hug ever! Lol
    She introduced me to other patients who were witing to get their surgery done. There was even a woman who was a past patient of Dr. Almanza and she looks great! She's accompanying her husband who's going to be sleeved!

After that, we were taken to the hotel to check in. The hotel is fine. Its a nice hotel but nothing grand. I would compare it to a Hampton Inn.

All in all, up to this point I am very satisfied with my experience. Everyone has been professional and kind.
    Tomorrow is Surgery Day! Now I am anxious but know that I'm in good hands!
  2. Shanelle
    Shanelle
    Good luck!
  3. sexylatina1
    sexylatina1
    Let us know how it went.
  4. tyson_inga
    tyson_inga
    Good luck. You'll be home in no time.
  5. Lovablemona2
    Lovablemona2
    Good luck!! Had a great experience with Dr. Almanza and staff!! Would do it AGAIN in a heartbeat!
  6. KansasJina
    KansasJina
    Do not eat the broth from the restaurant, not good at all. Go out the front door of hotel, turn right. Go to the corner of the block and cross the street to the left. There is a little brown taco hut, they sell broth for $1 a cup. Great stuff. Do NOT eat the restaurant broth!!!!