Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

The plateau

1. 540honey
    540honey
    I am only 30 pounds down. What do you do to start losing again?
  2. Sleevegal2015
    Sleevegal2015
    STOP eating the junk...lol
  3. BillyJ
    BillyJ
    When you are stalled you need to start all over and give your body a jolt. I usually just have soup and protein shakes. That is what gets me moving.
  4. Peaches007
    Peaches007
    It's normal to have stalls. You just need to watch the amount of carbs you are taking in. You can also try the pouch test it is said to help kick start the process.
  5. Pcanpi
    Pcanpi
    I go back to my pre surgery diet...2 shakes 2 snacks and 1 sensible meal...but stalls are to be expected ....
  6. mwaller81
    mwaller81
    I'm on day 3 of the pouch test and the first 2 days were hard. I started it because I have gained 8 lbs. I can't lie, I've been eating junk and the scale shows. I'm hoping on day 5 of this test I see a change in my weight.
  7. Redab051
    Redab051
    For stall I just go back to the beginning and take in more protein, and less starch, I also may eat something high in fat.
  8. msbee
    msbee
    Im feeling stalled as well. i normally eat bad around my cycle. What do yall do when having bad carvings. Also how do you lose the arm flab. Its a drag
  9. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    You should also look into my blog post on Protein you may find it useful. Anyways, from what I experienced plateaus they are very normal you have to consider how long did it take to gain all the weight we gained and we should not be discouraged that the weight is not constantly dropping off as fast as we gained it. Your body has to go through something i think of as phases. You have to give your body a chance to adjust to all the weight it has lost. You also have to remember a lot of the weight we lose is water weight and many of us hit a small plateau that the body has lost the water weight and now is working on the fat weight. Many of us hit the plateau but start losing inches though we are not losing weight. Everyone's body is different and you have to realize PLEATEAUS HAPPEN TO EVERYONE and they should not be anything to discourage you and many of you hit them at different times due to we all do not have the same body shapes and need to lose the same amount of weight.