Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Being Sleeved 6/1…Who Else? & What to Expect?

1. aldugan
    aldugan
    My surgery is scheduled for Monday, June 1st. Leaving Sunday, May 31st and will arrive in San Diego at 10:30.

What do I need to expect?

And, what is recommended to bring besides what is on the list?
  2. JMiller
    JMiller
    I will see you there. Also flying in 5/31 surgery 6/1
  3. tyson_inga
    tyson_inga
    Make sure to bring GasX strip very important. I'm 10 days post surgery and had my 1st Dr appointment since being home. Enjoy the experience and fear not.
  4. zoey101
    zoey101
    Your own pillow is a must!!! Bring a wash cloth and bath towel and extension cord. Best of Luck to all of you, you're going to do GREAT!!!
  5. Dizzygrl
    Dizzygrl
    Yes. Pillow blanket towels washcloth and your own toiletries. Bring slip ons with traction. Heating pad. Bottled water. Btw they have you put your hospital gown on without underwear. Just thought you should know. Good luck!!!!
  6. leonagypsy
    leonagypsy
    Thanks too... I'm schedule for June 15th.....and good luck Aldugan
  7. gdubbed
    gdubbed
    I am one day out, at the hospital. Had surgery 5/29/15 and heading back to the hotel at 7:00am where we get to shower and then the nurses at the hotel freshen up our bandages after. Gas strips are very important. The bigger you are the more you will need (no more than two boxes) because your body absorbs the gas, which is more painful than any incisions. If you have high tolerance to pain meds, bring some pills you can crush. I take Norco daily and I was able to take it by them crushing it up and putting under my tongue. Not the best tasting stuff but has helped. Yes, bring a fluffy pillow if you can because the hospital pillows are flat and just horrible. I think I have 5 cuts with about two/three stitches max in each and then one that is a little bigger, maybe 5-6 stitches that I saw when my bandages where changed. Overall, I fill good. My surgery was last, I went in at about noon. Facility is very clean, nurses are very attentive and the doctor is great. It's not a big lavish hospital but is better than most outpatient offices and urgent care centers. If you are at all worried, don't be! I've had three surgeries in Mexico. Lapband, tummy tuck and sleeved. Lap and was done in 2004 and then removed in 2009. Tummy tuck in 2008 and my sleeve 18 hours ago! Good luck to all of you and it's really a piece of cake and that's coming from a diva!
  8. hotrod5698
    hotrod5698
    Hello all, I was sleeved on Thursday the 28th, best experience ever, couldn't be more happy, fixing to go get X-rays. Good luck to everyone
  9. aldugan
    aldugan
    Thank you all so much. I'm packing today and this helped!!!!