Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

May sleevers losing and winning

1. Pushyourself
    Pushyourself
    Was sleeved last Wednesday and feeling great. The first couple days were rough with the nausea and tender incision sites. How is everyone doing on getting the protein and fluids in? Do you feel hungry? When are you returning to work? I am down 24 lbs since starting the 2 week preop diet (16 lb loss at day of surgery). I want to hear your experience.
  2. Domino
    Domino
    I am almost 2 weeks out myself. The first week was rough for me because I had a drain in. I also had nausea, but it was controlled by a prescription from my doctor. Which I am grateful for! Protein within the first week as well as enough fluids per day. I use premier protein shakes that have 30 grams of protein per shake. I tolerate the chocolate ones but the strawberries and creme and vanilla give me a burnt taste that I couldn't handle. I not yet sure when I am returning to work. Either the 28th or the 1st. I know at 1 week post op I had lost 20lb. I don't own a scale so I honestly don't know where I am now.

I keep craving pizza or lasagna. I won't even try to eat either one, but I am struggling with getting over it. I am eating cream of mushroom soup, beef broth, applesauce and of course all the pre-op liquids. I am so ready for something more substantial. I have gotten the go ahead to move into stage 2 of my diet this week, slowly and as tolerated. I'm excited and a little nervous to branch out a little.
  3. Pushyourself
    Pushyourself
    That's awesome, sounds like things are progressing in the right direction. I have terrible cravings to eat the food my family is eating! I didn't
    Think that part would be so hard, but I guess the mind is the battlefield.
  4. Jen82
    Jen82
    I was sleeved last Thursday, so tomorrow will be one week post op. I think I'll puke if I see one more chicken broth. I made some homemade black beans and am sipping on the soup from that now. Makes me feel somewhat better. Not sure when I'll be back at work, I am off the meds since day 4 and I am feeling fine overall.
  5. Sleeveroo
    Sleeveroo
    Surgery May 20.
    Lost 8 pounds still on clear liquids.
    No nausea, minimal pain.
    When traveling home from San Diego, got a cold with fever and shortness of breath. Freaking out that I may have atalectasis or developing pneumonia. saw PCP who took labs and sent me for a chest x Ray which was negative. Still on antibiotics after being discharged from hospital on May 24.
    So far so good. Glad I have such a supportive PCP who will coordinate any issues with my surgeon in Mexico.
  6. Sleeveroo
    Sleeveroo
    Also just hitting 64 oz per day and averaging 60 gm of whey protein isolate.
  7. Lapband-to-sleeve
    Lapband-to-sleeve
    Good Morning everyone! I had surgery on May 20 to remove my lap band that had prolapsed and start over again with the gastric sleeve. During my surgery my doctor also repaired a paraesophageal hernia caused by the lap band moving along my esophagus. Tremendous amounts of scar tissue had to be cut away, but my surgery went well. I stayed in the hospital for 2 days and came home with a JP drain. After being at home I started experiencing tremendous pain in the center of my belly above my navel and around my right side. It continually got worse to the point of being unable to take a deep breath or sit up straight. Getting in and out of bed was impossible with a "bear hug" from my hubby or daughter. My surgeon had me come in early for my post op visit, and he removed my staples and drain tube. Once the drain tube was removed - instant relief. There was still extreme tenderness, which continues. But my incisions are all healed except for the larger one where the band itself and the stomach portion were removed. So walking has taken longer than expected. I was hoping and planned to return to work in 6 days, after the holiday. Just a little set back.

Drinking fluids, pudding, yogurt, etc. had been no problem at all. I have found the little girl in myself again with a new love for Popsicles!
    Yesterday I began the purred portion of my diet plan (next four weeks). The feeling of fullness is totally different from the feeling I had with my band. With my band I lost 110lbs but as it malfunctioned I gained 40 lbs back. Very disheartening to go thru all of this again, especially when I don't feel as though I failed the band, it failed me. But Chin Up. At least I have the opportunity to be the healthy me I was on my way to being! Just a small hurdle.

Looking forward to making some new friends along the way and learning how to live with my new adjustment.

:-). HAPPY FRIDAY :-)