Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

If you started at 200 or under, Can everyone check in to say how much you've lost in how long of a time

1. Mspencer
    Mspencer
    My surgery is in October and I would like some info to keep me excited to stay the course!!
  2. LtWeight
    LtWeight
    When I went to my first appointment with the Dietician at the Bariatric Center in February I was 204. I dropped to 194 by June and then lost 10 lbs to 184 on the one week liquid diet prior to surgery (July 29, 2013). Since surgery, just over 4 weeks ago, I've lost about 15 1/2 more lbs to 169.4 in just over 4 weeks.
  3. Kait
    Kait
    I had my surgery on July 12th, I weighed approx 185 lbs. it is now Aug29th and I weigh 167 lbs for a total loss of 18 lbs. I've been stalled for a few weeks but for us under 200 it's just a slower process
  4. goldengal
    goldengal
    183 surgery day. Gained 7 lbs of fluids with surgery so went to 190 after surgery. 5 weeks and 1 day after surgery at 164. So it is about 19 lbs or 26 with fluids. Had a stall for at least a week on week 3 and have been the same weight for 9 days now.. It is not a speedy process, but I am hoping slow and steady will win the race. I am 5'6 and 43. Feel like my weight is never going to budge, but it has too with the low amount of calories I am consuming and I do walk 2 miles most days...
  5. goldengal
    goldengal
    It is nice to see that most of us have lost about the same amount at similar time frames and starting weight. It is hard to know if you are losing it at a normal rate because you don't see that many who start at 200 or below. Nice to have some comparison. I feel like I am losing inches but never measured. Great job everyone!
  6. AmyInOrlando
    AmyInOrlando
    I started my 2 week liquid diet at 204.8. On my day of surgery I weighed 195. I had surgery on August 1,2013. This morning I was 179.
  7. mooretravel2do
    mooretravel2do
    I am a year and 2 weeks out. I went in to surgery at 214. Within 3 weeks, if the outfit was stretchable - had elastic) I could wear a size 8 dress. Over the year, I have lost a total of 50 lbs. If I incorporate the pre-surgery preparation time, I have lost a total of 100 lbs. I lost 50 lbs because I took myself OFF OF INSULIN. However, because the sugars could not be regulated without insulin and my insurance wouldn't pay for Victoza, the insulin that Paula Deen is on, the gastric sleeve was the next best option. My sugars were normal for the first time the morning after surgery.
  8. mooretravel2do
    mooretravel2do
    Is anyone exercising also? I am in the gym now all the time. All clothes at my larger "me" are out of the houseand I am very cautious about not overeating. I have not thrown up once. I have been nauseated upon eating something too salty but that is all
  9. LtWeight
    LtWeight
    @moretravle2do, I just got back to some of my regular exercises this past week. I swim M & W, water aerobics Tu, Th, & Sat (Sat class isn't in session again until 9/14) and I'll be going back to my physical therapy (for ankle and knee) this week coming up, lots of squats, lunges, and abs there, usually about 2 hours including warm up and game ready (ice down afterwards).
  10. Mspencer
    Mspencer
    Thanks everyone!! It's so good to hear! Has it been a big pain in the butt or has it been totally worth it?
  11. JUstKAWS
    JUstKAWS
    I was 199 surgery day. I'm 3 weeks out at 178. I'm on vacation at the moment and it's hot so, my fluid intake has to go up. I've kind of fluttered between 178 and 180 these last couple days.
  12. JUstKAWS
    JUstKAWS
    And yes, it's worth it.
  13. mgreen
    mgreen
    Started at 216, June 27th. Now at 180 for 3 weeks. Help...I am barely eating 800 cals and walking everyday. Cant get it off but pants are still loosing, but scale does not say soooooo!!! Advice!
  14. LtWeight
    LtWeight
    To answer your question Mspencer, totally worth it! I would do it all over again!
  15. LtWeight
    LtWeight
    It takes a little while for the scales to catch up with your body. Try measuring, you will find that you are losing inches when the scales aren't moving.
  16. sleeved_maryRVA
    sleeved_maryRVA
    I am 7 days out from surgery and have lost 14 pounds so far. IT IS SO WORTH IT! The first two days were really rough but each day is getting better and better. I was 198 day of surgery and 184 today I can't wait to see what happens in the next few weeks. Best of luck to you!
  17. sleeve-me
    sleeve-me
    hi i started 2 years ago 211 and i am 130ish now. i got there in a little over 8 months. i am still at that weight. i see a dietician and work a program with a therapist. i am on a meal plan of 6 meals a day. i prob eat more then other people but still am able to maintain. my dietician says i am always in a window of about 8lbs -4 one way up or down. she doesent let me know my overall weight and i think that is good. its more about how i feel and how my clothes fit. its a journey
  18. Kylie78
    Kylie78
    Hi, I started my 2 week pre op diet at 86.7 kg (190 lb) On the day of my surgery I was 82.2 kg (180 lb) I didn't weigh whilst in hospital but the day I came home which was 2 days after surgery I was 82.4 kg (181 lb) I am now 8 days post op and I weighed in this morning at 77.3 kg (170 lb) So, all up I've lost just under 10 kg (22 lb) in just over 3 weeks. I'm really surprised how quickly it is coming off and totally expecting my weight loss to slow down and stall once I move on to the next stages of eating. Wishing you all the best on your journey
  19. sirui
    sirui
    Weight before pre-op diet: 178 lbs, on the day of surgery: 172 lbs, two week post-op: 162 lbs.
  20. wrightstuff12
    wrightstuff12
    I had my surgery 12/19. Since the pre-op diet & surgery 8 days ago, I have lost 15 pounds.
  21. goldengal
    goldengal
    Just checking back in! 4 months post op on Christmas day staying between 134-135 lbs. Been at or below goal since the 3 rd month. Maintained thru the holidays including 7 day cruise... Happy New Year!!
  22. kendraavant_ortiz
    kendraavant_ortiz
    Hi I am excited, I have not had my VSG as of yet. I am hoping to do so in April. I am 193 lbs now and hopefully in the 180's by my surgical date. You all have inspired me are keeping me motivated. Thanks!
  23. Luann
    Luann
    I have only lost 23 pounds since my surgery a little over 2 months ago. It hasn't been fast, but I don't think we can lose weight as fast as those who really need to lose a lot. I made the decision to have a sleeve as much to prevent me from getting bigger & bigger over time, as much as wanting to lose weight to get healthier & not feel ashamed for my appearance.
    It's important to try to not to compare our progress with others, as even larger folks have varying results. Or one will drop weight fast and others slower.
  24. CookieHead
    CookieHead
    This thread is so inspiring. I am hoping to schedule my surgery soon, for end of March
  25. dec567
    dec567
    I had my surgery 3/4/14 and I was 239 when I went in. I am now 194. I am hovering there but I also started exercising and walking 3 mi a day.
  26. mwaller81
    mwaller81
    I had my surgery on 5/15/14. I'm 5'3 and weighed 196 lbs. today I weigh 151 lbs. I have slowed down, and it seems as if I'm loosing about 4 lbs. a month now.
  27. Steffie4you
    Steffie4you
    I had my surgery on 9/23/14. I'm 5'1 & weighed 194lbs, today I'm at 171lbs. Some weeks I lose & others I do not. My first goal is to weight less than my Dad. He currently weights 165lbs. I hope to be there by Thanks Giving.
  28. Monasongbird_4
    Monasongbird_4
    Hey Everyone!
    I was sleeved on Oct 22, 2014. My weight on the day of my consult was 190. My Preo-op wieght was 199 and my SW was 193 the day of.
    My CW is 182 lbs. My GW is 125-130ish.
  29. kendraavant_ortiz
    kendraavant_ortiz
    Hi everyone My sleeve was March 14, 2014. My starting weight was 197 and I was 193 on pre-op my current weight is 114.