Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

South Jersey in the House!

1. unbesleevable
    unbesleevable
    Hi Everyone!

I thought i'd make a post here because i'm new to the forum and from the great state of NJ. I am having two consultations, one with Dr. Onopchenko from Atlanticare and one with Dr Attia from Inspira. I know the Atlanticare City Division is a better hospital than Inspira but a friend had the sleeve with Attia and so far I am finding better customer reviews for him over Onopchenko. I'd love to hear about your experiences with either of them or any other recommendations in the South Jersey (Atlantic & Cumberland County) area.

Thanks!

-Erin
  2. Janistrying
    Janistrying
    I'm sorry that I do not know the medical community down South but, if you'd consider coming North, Dr. Michael Nusbaum (St. Barnabas and Atlantic Health/Morristown Medical Center) is outstanding in everyway and you'd be in superior hands. I know he has patients from far and wide as they willingly come to pre and post-surgical support groups. Best of luck.
  3. unbesleevable
    unbesleevable
    Thank you! I am definitely willing to consider all of my options. I will definitely continue to pursue different people if I feel in any way like either of the two i'm seeing are not right for me. I'm a little worried about being too far from home in case I need my doctor in the weeks following the surgery. I wouldn't want to have to see someone who hadn't been with me from the beginning if I really needed them. But i'm not leaving any option closed! Thanks again
  4. jrzygmom
    jrzygmom
    I used Dr. O and he was great! I'm so happy with the way things have worked so far. I was sleeved on 7/29 and am down 82 so far. Been at a bit of a standstill lately, but it's beginning to move, which I'm told is normal. Dr. O was highly recommended and his prior medical experience before doing primarily WLS is stellar. I had no problems with him or the staff in his office or at the hospital. Friends have had their surgery with Dr. Balsama up in the Deptford area as well and they are very happy with him.