Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Gastric Sleeve after having complete thyroidectomy

1. CrazyGummyChick
    CrazyGummyChick
    I was diagnosed with Thyroid cancer about 3 or so years ago so I have NO Thyroid anymore. I have had a horrible time trying to lose weight without a thyroid. Just wondering if having the Gastric Sleeve, will it be successful giving my history with no thyroid?
  2. fatspidey
    fatspidey
    I still have my thyroid but very low to any function. I just switched to Tirosint. I had surgery on July 15 I was 255 on 1 July now I am 212. So it is possible.
  3. Tlwmomof4
    Tlwmomof4
    That's awesome. I have a bunch of nodules. Had the scan back in April. Can the scan change your thyroid? It seems since then I sweat a lot less, I used to sweat profusely. And weight loss has slowed weigh down. I had surgery July 9th. Started out at 225 now I am 203. I work out. Seems like it should be more.
  4. EmilyC
    EmilyC
    I am going thru the process of getting the sleeve. I have hypo and been on tirosint for about 3 months. Its amazing medication. no symptoms after a month of taking it.
    From everything I have read about the surgery and thyroid patients it seems to work for us but at a slower rate then everyone else. I am so excited to get this done but I am scared that it wont work for me or something. Its really encouraging to hear that you guys are losing.
  5. amygayle
    amygayle
    I had TT from Thyroid cancer and I'm going to the surgeon tomorrow. I'm pushing for sleeve because of the absorption.
  6. CrazyGummyChick
    CrazyGummyChick
    Ok, so tell me what is Tirosint?
  7. Gretchen7
    Gretchen7
    I have my first consultation on May 12, 2015 and I am quite nervous that I may not get approved. I had a total thyroidectomy in July of 2002 due to Graves's Disease. My power thyroid so were also removed. I have struggled with my weight since two months prior to surgery. I have great cholesterol levels, no issues with my gallbladder, but I am getting close to being prediabetic and prehypertension and I have a BMI of 45%. I love working out and have done so since my early 20's, but I have had very little energy to work out more than one or two days per week. I am always tired, but I don't have sleep apnea, just get too hot at night and can't get comfortable. I take on average two naps per day. Any insight anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. I weighed 135 to 142 until 2 months prior to my thyroid surgery and Thay is my goal to achieve. Thank you to anyone that takes the time to read my post.