Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Weigh In

1. Seahawksfan
    Seahawksfan
    We haven't done a weigh in awhile. How are you doing? Not only physically but mentally as well. Any tips or tricks you have learned that you would like to share, or anything positive/negative that we could all weigh in on.

I will start, weight wise I am at 151. 19 months out and it feels good to not have gained any weight back past my original goal. I run 3 times a week and I am really trying to motivate myself to get into lifting. The amount of muscle mass I have loss is incredible and I feel like I have a weak upper body. On the contrary I work a lot on my legs (running squats, lunges,etc.) and I am finally starting to see some change. It's defiantly motivational to see results.

Mentally, I'm struggling a little bit. I have found that maintenance is a lot harder then actually losing the weight. I think the biggest reason is because you have to learn to see something else outside the number. I, personally, don't want to lose any more weight. The cleaner I try to eat, the pounds still fall off and to counter this I have to eat more. The whole idea of the surgery is to eat less....see my struggle. Lol. So, sometimes I get down about this a little bit, I don't want eating and my health to always be a struggle. Overall though, I have found a healthy balance with how much I can eat and what I can eat and learning to enjoy eating "cleaner".
  2. BillyJ
    BillyJ
    I am 7 months out and have stalled. I have lost 67 lbs so far. I had hoped to reach 80 by now. I am an emotional eater and I have been under stress lately but I am glad that I haven't gained any weight. I have noticed that salad does not agree with me. I ate a Caesars salad yesterday for lunch and it is still stuck in my throat. I can not seem to get it to wither drop out or come up. Quite painful. All in all I am doing fine.
  3. Seahawksfan
    Seahawksfan
    BillyJ, first congrats on the weight you have lost! Don't beat yourself up for not being where you want to be. Use that energy to figure out what you can change to help you get there, and then set a new time frame and work at it. It may be something as easy as adding a new workout or switching your workout routine to get you back losing again. Or try to really focus on eating your vegetables first when you eat a meal and then follow with the protein. I think this has helped change my eating habits the most. I too could not do salads. It just didn't digest well and left me feeling sick. Now I can eat them but I don't love them like I use to. Whatever you do, good luck, you can make it to goal!
  4. Joy48
    Joy48
    I am 7 almost 8 months out still losing I weigh 149 and I wasn't quite ready for the sagging skin especially the upper arms so since I am not a plane (lol) these wings gotta go! Instead of the regular leafy green salads that I loved I have switched to cucumber salads with salmon chunks protein and veggie . I did buy an elliptical now I just gotta get on it. Stay positive
  5. dimitra35
    dimitra35
    Less than 2 months since surgery! From 350 to 313! Down 37 lbs and counting!