Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

New protein recipes

1. Crybaby
    Crybaby
    I am in the pureed phase. I need some ideas. My protein shakes go down ok but any other fluids just taste gross. I'm not really sure how much I should be eating in this phase.

Any help is greatly appreciated
  2. CCSleever
    CCSleever
    Have you tried thinned Grits, Cream of Wheat, Malt O Meal, Oatmeal? Also Greek Yogurt with some Protein Powder mixed in is really great - the Protein Powder thins it out nicely and I have found it goes down very easy.
  3. Pooky
    Pooky
    Have you tried the Unjury chicken soup mix? It's protein powder but chicken soup flavor. I believe it's either 6 or 8 oz of water with 1 scoop of powder and it's 21 g protein. It's a liquid and I know you are in puree stage, but just a thought for something different that has a good amount of protein.

Also check out: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com ... she has a bunch of interesting recipes

I got a book called Eating Well After Weight loss Surgery when I was at that stage. It has a ton of recipes for all stages of eating ... my only issue with the recipes was that it made a LOT and obviously you are just eating a little and I'd get sick of that specific food I made well before it was gone. But it had a bunch of recipes that could be pureed and they weren't bad at all.
  4. mutterma77
    mutterma77
    I tried some of that stuff, yuck! I'm also still in the puree phase. Mashed taters with a little gravy are okay, applesauce with cinnamon goes down really well. Still jello, also sugar free pudding is yummy! I'm sticking to my Powerade zero - if you add a little - less than 1/2 scoop - of unflavored protein, it cuts the super sweet edge, and you can't taste it. If you can taste the unflavored stuff, you've added too much.
    I also put a meatball and some spaghetti sauce and a little water in my magic bullet, blended, grated some cheese on top and nuked - OMG! My new fave!
    I've also been drinking a lot of flavored, decaf teas, sweetened with sucralose, or splenda.

And I've been doing my protein powders with milk, a little thinner than called for. You get more protein with the little extra milk, and it goes down super easy!
  5. time4change031113
    time4change031113
    Google up ricotta bake. Chobani plain greek yogurt w vanilla protein powder is delish!