Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Locking up purse, cell phone,..during surgery

1. SharDye
    SharDye
    If you go alone how do you secure your things during surgery? What and how much clothing did you take?
    How do you know where to go to do some shopping? Little afraid of going out?? Any advice would be appreciated.
  2. projax5000
    projax5000
    iin my room there was a closet with a key...but I just put my purse and clothes in there...didn't lock it...really wasn't worried about it too much....dont take to many valuables to worry about but I had cash it was all fine it is not that big in there ....
  3. shimmerini
    shimmerini
    You bring everything with you to hospital and leave it by your bed. They have small lockers for valuables right in the room. The nice mall is in walking distance 2 1/2 blocks away. I had no trouble walking to and from. Just go right on sidewalk outside hotel then another right on the corner cute taco stand to the left). Straight for a few blocks and you will arrive at mall. If you want to go shopping in traditional mexican shops (downtown) the shuttle will take you or a cab ride is $5 each way so cheap if someone else wants top split the cost. There are no meters in cab so you agree on price before you get in. Cabs are all over the place. we were hapy with the Libre taxis. The place they take you is very secure so don;t be scared. the area where hotel is is very upscale and nice.
  4. Jmichelle
    Jmichelle
    I went alone and left my things in the recovery room. Nothing was taken and I wasn't very worried about it in the first place. There are lockers available for you if you want to lock your things up. I took 5 big t-shirts, sleeping shorts, a pair of leggings and the jeans I wore down there. Everything fit in a carry-on bag.
  5. blemons
    blemons
    Can you not just leave your stuff in.your.hotel room?
  6. Connie70
    Connie70
    The reason we didn't leave our things in hotel room was we check out the day of surgery and spend the night in the hospital then return to hotel and check in again. I was never offered a locker. I had to leave my things with the other patients and hope they were honest. Pack light.
  7. blemons
    blemons
    i am bringing a guest with me and paying for the room will someone take her back to the hotel the night I stay in the hospital
  8. AnnNTexas
    AnnNTexas
    I am bringing three sundresses, clean panties, a little bag of toiletries and my make up. I have surgery on 5/19 with Dr. Almanza. I wanted to bring my ipad, but decided against it since I am going alone.
  9. PennyV
    PennyV
    I never worried about my safety or the safety of my things. We were taken in their vans to the places we needed to be and my things were never where I or the staff couldn't see them.