Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Shuttle back to San Diego

1. PennyV
    PennyV
    Hi All,

I am leaving for San Diego this Friday. I initially made my flight for later in the day as I saw the last pick up time was 7pm. Then I got a message that on this particular day the last pick up was 3pm. Frustrating to get conflicting reports.

My flight home is scheduled to leave at 2:15pm. I asked what time the last shuttle leaves TJ as I dont want to be sitting in an airport all day. I was told there would be one shuttle and they would tell me what time on Monday; which is the day before I leave. There was an earlier flight at 12:45 but I was concerned if there was a wait at the border I might not make it.

Should I try to get the earlier flight or just wait for the 2:15pm? I guess I am afraid that I will be in pain and uncomfortable and sitting in an airport.

Advice?
  2. minnni
    minnni
    I actually was planning on going red eye on my flight home on Sunday, but I left TJ at 10am and arrived at the airport to make a earlier flight home at 11:20am to Boston. I was able to get on that flight on stand by without changing my ticket and I came home that night at 7pm to Boston.
  3. Jmichelle
    Jmichelle
    I would take a later flight. My return flight left at 3:30. I was called the night before and was told to be in the lobby ready to leave at around 10:00. We got through the border rather quickly, so I ended up waiting for several hours. It wasn't too bad.
  4. PennyV
    PennyV
    Thanks for your reply. I appreciate you responding.
  5. ChefMissy
    ChefMissy
    I had to wait sevel hours in the airport, but I felt that getting through the border and knowing I was good to go was worth it. My husband and I found a secluded terminal and took a nap lol.
  6. Rosepetals65
    Rosepetals65
    I would go for the earlier flight ... i was told to book nothing prior to 12 noon - so I scheduled a 2:30 light. my shuttle pick-up was 6 AM arrived at the airport by 9AM so I had pay $100 to change to earlier flight or sit in airport for 5 hours.

Most likely you will be at the airport before 12 noon.
  7. Cyndy-loo
    Cyndy-loo
    I just told them when my flight was and the driver took me to the airport the wait at the boarder was over an hour and I was the only one in the van. they timed it perfectly. I had no pain so waiting was not a problem.