Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

The count down begins---and a question

1. AmberNurse
    AmberNurse
    I find myself counting down to the liquid diet date--May 8th---and to leaving to drive to San Diego which is May 13th. Im driving my students crazy I'm excited, nervous and at peace with my decision. I would recommend though having a copy of your living will with you. I do it each time I have surgery just in case.

We are driving to San Diego and back home afterwards. I am prepared to stop and walk a lot and I have a good handle on what to expect especially since I am a nurse.

One question though if anyone can answer it--I read that Dr. A puts down a NG tube to decompress your stomach (having lap band removed and a sleeve done)-- but I haven't seen anyone comment on that sooooo does he not do that? I hope not because I can put one down but to have it done on me--yuck!

Anyways----good luck to everyone that's going...speedy recovery to those that had it done and take care for those that are well into their new you journey!

Amber
  2. Catlover
    Catlover
    If this is a black tube that looks kinda like a funnel on one end, then yes they do. Although, I was completely out the whole time it was done to me, only had a sore throat when I woke up. I saw a woman come out into recovery as I was being brought in, so that is how I saw what I saw.

They are very good at what they do and the care was excellent. Not a nurse but everything was clean and orderly and the nurses were on top of everything. I'm sure you will be glad that you went. Keep in touch with the site there is much info to be gleaned from here.
    Good luck and keep us posted.
  3. Terps
    Terps
    I have no idea, but I had a very good experience with Dr. A. Before surgery he will come in to talk with you and he will answer any question you have. You could also pose your question to Weight Loss Agents. They tend to be good with responses. Best wishes to you!
  4. TERRI HURST
    TERRI HURST
    HE IS THE BEST DR. HE CARES ABOUT HIS PEOPLE. US I MEAN THAY ARE SO GOOD TO YOU
  5. ChefMissy
    ChefMissy
    If you are having a revision then you will have a drain tube in your tummy as well as an ng tube. Just had surgery with him in 3/9. I didn't have a revision, but some people in my group did.