Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Toddler at home!!

1. blemons
    blemons
    Does anyone have small children at home? I'm worried about lifting my two year old I'm a widow so it's just me and him and he won't understand why I.won't hold him or pick him up I'm going to have to lift him there's no way around it I'm very concerned any suggestions
  2. angie 3
    angie 3
    hope you have a mom or someone to help for awhile. I had abd surgery once I had a 18mo son it was realy hard . I just didn't lift him. Bathing him was the hardest I was realy careful. But did it! I just had to let him fuss. sorry not much help good luck!
  3. zoey101
    zoey101
    Oh boy you are not in a great position. I had a back surgery when my son was a little under 2 and couldn't lift him for 3 months. He actually was wonderful about it but I did have to put him in a day care place during that time. It broke my heart because I was a stay at home Mom by choice and never ever wanted to put him in day care.
    Your situation is quite a bit tougher and I am so very sorry to hear about your husband my heart goes out to you. With that said in no way can you or should you lift him. I am 2 1/2 weeks out and lifting anything over 10 lbs. is still hard. If he is not in day care I would highly suggest getting a full time babysitter for the time being. He can still crawl up on the couch and cuddle with you but NO lifting. I think if you show him your "boo boo's" of coarse with bandages on as they are pretty ugly in the beginning, he might understand.
    Good Luck to you and I hope you are able to get help.
  4. blemons
    blemons
    He is.in daycare while I.work but when I pick him up I.have to lift him to put him in the car