Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Pre-op diet

1. blemons
    blemons
    Can someone tell me what they're pre-op diet consisted of....like are Atkins protein shakes okay? Can you give me an example of what you would have during a full day of your pre-op diet?
  2. Jmichelle
    Jmichelle
    For my pre-op, I had sf popsicles, sf jello, I had lean 25 protein shakes, I went to tropical smoothie and had smothies made with splenda and protein added. My pre-op instructions did allow a few bites of chicken breast with no seasoning, but a little lemon juice, turkey, or seared salmon. I would have that at the end of the day to get by. For added flavor, I put the chicken breast on my bbq grill. That gave it some flavor. Whatever you do, stick to the diet and don't eat anything you arent supposed to eat. i spoke with a couple of people at the hotel that ate something they werent supposed to eat and they swore they ended up in a little more pain after surgery because they did. I don't know how true it is, but they admitted they didnt follow it and paid for it afterward.
  3. blemons
    blemons
    How many shakes did you have a day? My preop diet is for five days so.on the 3rd or 4th day am I supposed to go on.a strict clear liquid diet?
  4. madrake72
    madrake72
    I had a 5 day pre op diet which consisted of protein shakes, sf jello, sf popsicles, chicken broth strained out of chicken noodle soup or Ramen noodles( more flavor) and a couple bites of chicken breast or tuna for dinner. If I got hungry I just had a protein shake or hot tea.