Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

What Are You Eating???

1. sno224
    sno224
    Hello,
    I just curious what everyone is currently eating?
    I am three week out today and on "soft" food. Just this past Monday I was to add some fruits and soft veggies but I find that very hard to do.
    I am tolerating turkey chili, chicken, low fat ground beef, tuna, eggs... just hoping I can get more ideas from you guys.
    I struggle with finding time to exercise too, I do the best I can but know I need to do better.

Thanks!
  2. didishae
    didishae
    I am also 3 weeks out today and food seems to be so much work right now. Honestly I got so excited when I could start soft foods and really enjoyed some refried beans and can chicken with light mayo and a little mashed potatoes. The problem is, all I can manage right now is 2 or 3 bites before I know I have to stop and honestly I struggle so hard to get in my protein shakes and fluid that it kind of feels like a waste to spend so much time and effort trying to put in a little food. I mean I can't drink for 30 mins before, during, or after and it takes me like 30 mins at least to "eat" so yeah, it's at least and hour and a half of "wasted" time every time I try to eat. I know that my capacity will get better and this will all get easier but yeah, right now I am kind of hating eating. I know that the protein from food is better than the protein shakes also but it is just sooo much easier to drink a protein shake than it is to eat right now.

I haven't been getting enough down though in the way of protein or fluid (or food for that matter) so today I went and got some different soups from my local Chinese place and that has helped a lot! I have a rough idea about the calories and protein in the different soups and I'm thinking they're not too bad on either one. But the main thing is it doesn't hurt too bad going down and it ended up being quite a bit of fluid that went down really easy...which is kind of a miracle to me and I couldn't be happier. I kind of feel a sense of relief...finally something went down easy!!!

I am in a little of a stall right now. I lost 20 lbs really fast.. in like maybe the first week and a half or so, but nothing really since. I'm pretty sure it's because I haven't been getting enough protein or fluids, but anyway, even though I know its normal to have a "3 week stall" I am already so over it.

Well, hope everyone else is doing good!!!
  3. Chatty Kathy
    Chatty Kathy
    I was sleeved on 2/4 and find that drinking my protein is easier too. If I make a plate of chicken and vegetables, I can only eat a few bites before I have to stop. Then I am thirsty but cannot drink for 45 minutes. Struggling to get in all my vitamins, too many pills but I have to get them in. I also have to take a pill for the gall bladder, and a pill for heart burn. All in all though, I feel good and have just started losing again. Down about 23 pounds or a little more. Have not had salad yet and miss that most. Going on the 19th for my next nutritionist and see surgeon. Hopefully then I can get the ok to add more foods to my diet. I am glad I did this. No regrets.
  4. Icandoit
    Icandoit
    My surgery was 2/13 so I'm 3 1/2 weeks out. I'm on full liquids until week 5 when I start purée. While I can have any soup as long as I blend it, the only thing that sits well is homemade egg drop soup (although I've had it from the Chinese place, too). I use college inn chicken broth, bring to a boil and stir in an egg or some egg whites. I have that for lunch and dinner -- breakfast is protein powder mixed in skim milk that I sip over a couple hours, often after 1/2 cup of coffee. I've also had 1/2 to 3/4 of a Greek yogurt (lots of protein).I have a sugar free ice pop after dinner. This week I started premier protein drink, usually in the afternoon when I'm tired. I went back to work this week and also had pneumonia after surgery and they said I could be tired for a long time! Overall I feel good, some miscellaneous aches and pains that could be age related! I'm down 23 or so since surgery and I'm very happy with that!
  5. denzel
    denzel
    I'm into week 5 and am nominally on soft foods.
    But found that I am kind of stuck on purees.
    I can only manage about 1/4 cup at a time, and am not doing well getting fluids in...ended up dehydrated earlier on this week but hit it on the head with oral rehydration fluids and extra oral fluids.
    I am going to go and see the dietician on Tuesday as I am nominally meant to be starting normal texture foods then, that will be week 6.

These are the books that I bought.
    "Weight Loss Surgery Cookbook for Dummies" and
    "The Complete Weight-Loss Surgery Guide & Diet Program Includes 150 Delicious and Nutritious Recipes"
    "Portion Perfection for Bariatrics. Seeing is Believing" by Amanda Clark, and
    "Your Complete Guide to Nutrition for Weight Loss Surgery 2nd ed." by Sally Johnston. I've been living on the Tomato and Beef Soup out of this.