Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Everybody gots something to SAY

1. Rosepetals65
    Rosepetals65
    My recent experience with medical professionals - I contacted RN nurse at my previous Bariatric Dr office (who fought the good fight w/Insurance Co - even tho we lost) to get the protein they recommend for their WL patients and she remembered me from 2 years ago - told me she would be informing the Dr of my decision to go to Mexico; congratulated me on my decision; made me schedule a follow up appt upon my return; gave me good pricing on the protein; wished me well, gave me a hug, and told me she would be praying me.
    On this same day, I had an appt with my endocrinologist- needed to make sure my thyroid was OK prior to the big day and she was the total opposite - she made all kinds of faces when I informed her of my decision; she made comments like "are you sure" "I heard bad things about people who go to Mexico" "did you check out the Dr?" "why cant you get in done in the states?" I was very polite in my stance we I replied to her despite your opinion I have prayed about this and I feel that this is the BEST option for me - I informed her that I feel like this is the MOST LOVING and CARING decision I have made for me!!!!!
  2. ncvice
    ncvice
    Im so sorry that that happened. People dont understand the feelings behind what all they say. I completely understand that feeling.keep your head up we gotta do what we gotta do if they dont understand then forget it.
  3. Lynn54
    Lynn54
    Congratulations for stNding for yourself and making a great decision
  4. New Reflection
    New Reflection
    I had an interesting chat with my GP after I made my decision to go to Mexico for surgery. On a regular appointment date I was led to the exam room by the nurse who took vitals and asked why I was there and how I was doing, etc.. I told her I was planning on having gastric bypass surgery (I really didn't have the lingo yet). She scribbled on my chart and left. Shortly after the doc came in with my chart in hand. He says 'you are having bypass surgery?? I said yes, I am. He asked 'who is doing it'. I said I am having surgery in Tijuana. He turned a couple shades of white... He then asked why I would go to Mexico for surgery since I have good insurance. I told him that my insurance didn't cover it. He looked so confused. he then asked why are you having this surgery?? I told him that I need my health back and that i feel this is my best chance of seeing my grandchild grow up. He still looked incredulous... I told him I had to lose this weight before it leads to diabeties and all the other nasty weight related illnesses.. He then smiled really big and then started laughing! the nurse had written 'bypass' and not gastric bypass so he thought heart bypass! Needless to say we had a good laugh!
    You just do what you know is right for you. Not everyone is going to agree with your choices but you are the one that has to live with them. Good luck!