Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Music Videos?

1. BlackGirlGamer
    BlackGirlGamer
    I'm getting a lil older so I don't refresh my music that often. I decided to get on Youtube and see what folks were listening to... then I remembered why I stopped watching music videos. They have all these oversexualized people (mostly women), talking about what they're going to do to each of them, etc...

Does anyone else feel a little demoralized/discouraged after watching music videos? I also think it leads to self-esteem issues and moral dilemmas for girls. Why am I feeling some kind of way about this? It's just entertainment? Am I overreacting?
  2. BillyJ
    BillyJ
    No, you are not. I listened to some of the music my 8 yr old granddaughter was listening to. I had to explain to her that it was disrespecting women and she needed to stop singing it and listening to it. What happened to love songs? Where the man loved and respected his woman and didn't call her b**ches and "wh**e's?
  3. ladyvm
    ladyvm
    You are not overacting. Most of the videos are plain indecent. I feel that little girls / teens self - esteem should come primarily from a loving home with exposure to "truly beautiful (inside and out)" women in their own community. Kids need to know that Itunes, TV and magazines are entertainment not "moral guides".