Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Nervous, yet excited!

1. KaychieB
    KaychieB
    Hey everyone!
    I have officially made my deposit, booked my flights and surgery date, June 2nd 2015 with Dr. Almanza.
    I am so nervous but so happy. I am more nervous about Mexico vs. the actual surgery, I am confident in Dr. Almanza's experience.
    I guess on the plus side, I speak Spanish so no one can pull one over on me. Oh and those little hall way conversations, I'll understand them.
    Is anyone else getting their surgery on June 2,2015
    I would love to meet someone who is so that we can go through this as a team!!!
    I am also planning on Vlogging my journey via social media, Instagram and possibly, YouTube!
    Are there any recommendations on what to bring or not to bring?
    Did you feel comfortable when you met Dr. Almanza?
    Is the hospital clean and the hospital staff professional? My friend/supervisor/nurse is coming with me so we'll have a private hotel room, but how was the night as the hospital the day of the surgery?
  2. projax5000
    projax5000
    That's awesome...congrats..i am scheduled for April 6..can't wait
  3. KaychieB
    KaychieB
    I'm excited for you! Please keep me posted on your experience and progress!
  4. MUFASA
    MUFASA
    iam getting my surgery 04/06/15 and in tj . now as a marine i have seen the world traveled all over
    theres nothing in tj i want or need to see so iam gonna go there get my surgery stay in the hotel than leave tj is a corupt place
    anything can happen , so dont be nervous just use you head.i remember being in hawai makeing a wrong turn and ending
    up being surrounded by gangs and dope heads .........just be careful theres danger everywhere
    i have done research and have found no problems with our doctor and the surrounding area but again be smart
  5. angel782
    angel782
    Bring your own pillow and a heating pad. The pillows and beds aren't the most comfy, and I found that the heating pad felt good on my stomach. Not really pain just sore.
    The night after surgery was very long for me...... I walked all night trying to get the gas to pass. I wish my daughter could have stayed with me. It was scary and lonely. The hospital and staff were very nice. The restaurant staff went out of their way to help and give you what you need. Only complaint was the noise level Thursday - Saturday is loud. so you may want to bring ear plugs too.
  6. Jmichelle
    Jmichelle
    I leave for TJ in the morning 5:40 and will arrive in San Diego at 8:30 and scheduled for surgery Wednesday the 11th. I will definitely log my experience as others have, from pick up to departure. Visit my profile page for real-time updates.
  7. Jmichelle
    Jmichelle
    I leave for TJ in the morning 5:40 and will arrive in San Diego at 8:30 and scheduled for surgery Wednesday the 11th. I will definitely log my experience as others have, from pick up to departure. Visit my profile page for real-time updates.
  8. Green rider
    Green rider
    No reason to be nervous. Dr. Almanza, his staff and the hotel are all great. Hospital is CLEAN. I took my Mom with me who for many years did the "clean out" of the surgery rooms and all passed her inspection. Bring small bills for tip money.