Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Confirmed date March 27

1. nworkman83
    nworkman83
    Just made my deposite for March 27. I know it's still a ways away but when you have college, work and kids you have to plan. So very excited and I feel like a choose the right surgeon Dr. Almanza.
  2. FairfieldDave
    FairfieldDave
    Time slot planned.... did your homework and got a great surgeon... are you ready to prep for the big test? I am being serious!!!

My wife is a Spanish speaking nurse and was able to get on the phone with Dr Almanza about 30 days prior to my surgery date and he told us what we should do to be very successful with our surgery and what we could do to promote a speedy recovery.

1. Lose weight on your own. I started the high protein, low carb, no sugar diet on July 16th... and, I began walking 45 minutes every day.

Breakfast - Slimfast Shake + 1 hardboiled egg and a 16 oz bottle of water. Then get ready to go for the walk.
    Lunch - EAS Advantage Shake
    Dinner - 1 small can of tuna and a few mixed greens with mustard and lemon juice. One 16oz bottle of water.

After the 2nd complete week, I kept this insane diet the same and added the same 45 min walk right after dinner.

When I stepped on the airplane to Mexico 30 days later, I was 18lbs lighter and my energy was sky high. This really helps in your recovery.
  3. nworkman83
    nworkman83
    Wow thank you for the advise I really appreciate it. I actually have lost 20lbs already but I have been working on it since July. I am now 221lbs. I do need some pointers on what to expect. I will have to call them and ask about protein. Does protein shakes count?
  4. minnni
    minnni
    My surgery date is the 3/26. I will probably see you down there....
  5. zoey101
    zoey101
    My surgery is 3/24, this is my second shot at this. I was actually at the airport in San Diego on 2/23 and received a call from my husband that he was fired that morning after he dropped me off at the airport. NIGHTMARE is all I can say, nevertheless I went to the counter and got a return flight for the next day. I just couldn't go through with it due to the money factor and my husband really needed my support. Since then with God's guidance he has taken on a new job that is way better and much more financially stable and to be honest I haven't seen him this excited about work in years. So here we go round 2 and I can't wait, I do feel a little more prepared this time and realized I don't need to pack half the stuff I packed last time. I was bringing wound wash bottles, gauze and so much more and found out they give you extra when you leave along with a ton of other stuff. Just in case you don't know extension cords, heating pad and your own pillow are a MUST oh and gas strips!! Anyway good luck to everyone and I keep telling myself I am a month behind schedule but still early enough to she a good amount of weight before bathing suit (ughh) time.