Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Healed in time for riding season?

1. Green rider
    Green rider
    I am scheduled for my surgery on 2/11/15 and really hope to be healed for the riding season. My arab will be so happy he is carrying a lighter load since I ride logging roads and they are steep!
  2. DebbieD
    DebbieD
    I was back in the saddle after 2 months. Could have ridden sooner but was on major blood thinners so I waited until I was off those. Good luck with your surgery. Best thing I ever did for ME!
  3. Green rider
    Green rider
    Two months was really fast! I am still concerned about staples coming loose for some crazy reason. Maybe I'll skip cantoring for awhile. Thanks for the reply.
  4. julesdeck
    julesdeck
    Hello fellow horsey peeps. I did wait 6 weeks post op and did very little walking for short periods until I felt stronger. You need to listen to your body.
  5. Green rider
    Green rider
    Good advice.
  6. Rezgirl
    Rezgirl
    I am scheduled for the 16th of march and im looking forward to doing some serious riding this summer. Im hoping to be able to do some more long rides, we would go on 8 hour rides with a lot of different terrain along the river just soak in the beauty and enjoy the quiet. Is anyone here from Montana?
  7. plp55
    plp55
    I had my surgery 2/9 and started riding yesterday, thankfully my daughter has kept my horse tuned up and I just did a light hack, walked a lap, posted a lap, walked a lap. My biggest concern was making sure I ate a little before I started, so I sipped on a protein shake first and my abdominal muscles were still a little sore. But all in all , we did ok. My legs were a little jello-y, but did pretty good. Yippee! And my girl was so good.
  8. plp55
    plp55
    Rezgirl , where do you live in Montana? We have a place in Kalispell.