Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Still in hospital: words of encouragement?

1. Jospugjake
    Jospugjake
    Still in hospital, should be released today. I am so ready to leave the hospital. I need words of encouragement bc my last 24 hours has been awful, with no thanks to the staff. Plus I got my period the day of surgery & the nurses look at me like I'm bat shit crazy!!!
  2. Aquajog
    Aquajog
    I am older now so past the period BUT I can still remember feeling crappy and edgy with just that .now you got "double whammies"
    So look at is this way .. It will get better . .. And you will be so glad
    that you did this . Try to walk and sip as much as you can.. Sometimes just being in your own home makes it easier to rest.
    But if you really had a much rougher than expected 24 hours be sure to tell your doctor befor discharge.
  3. Sandy D
    Sandy D
    I also got my period right after surgery, luckly the nurses were really good about it. Things do improve just take one day at a time, one minute at a time if necessary.
  4. mommalulu
    mommalulu
    I got mine the same day also fun fun, not. But things will get better! You can do this. Being at home I did rest better. I started with laps around the house, then to the end of my driveway. The more you move the better you'll feel.
  5. Nick Nic
    Nick Nic
    Mine came down 3 days after surgery which is pretty much on time as usual. It is a bit heavier though. Glad I am not the only one that had it soon after surgery.
  6. Jospugjake
    Jospugjake
    Wow. Thank you ladies, so inspiring! All of you are absolutely correct!!! Double whammy, sipping easier, home is better, moving around is the trick, and I am NOT the ONLY one who got this done AND had their period. You are all stunning, ty!!!
  7. Ellis
    Ellis
    Yup. One moment at a time if you have to. Sorry you are still in hospital...but I guess that's where you are suppose to be. I am expecting my period the day of or right after my surgery. I'm worried about the horrific cramps -I hope you do not have that right now. Wish I could send you a stuffed animal for you to hug. Maybe you should get one! (They don't talk back!)
  8. Ellis
    Ellis
    Also, bat shit crazy is WAYYYYYYYYYYY better than boring.
  9. Jospugjake
    Jospugjake
    Well, I'm home but extremely uncomfortable with gas. I'm sipping and get all liquids in but it seems like I'm pushing it in constantly. Unable to lie down for long enough to sleep since the surgery 2 days ago. Anyone else have that problem or just know comfortable chairs to sit up into sleep?!?
  10. sarahmiley77
    sarahmiley77
    Holy crap I know exactly what you mean!!!! I had mine as well while I was having my surgery... and I had a lot of male nurses which seemed pretty disgusted about the bloody urine in the urine catching pot thing... and I've had a rough recovery to say the least!!!!