Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Please help!! Pre-op diet

1. Nicole660
    Nicole660
    So everyone's doctor recommendations are different and I keep getting confused on what I can have during my pre-op diet. Is it just broth, jello, popsicles? The stuff that was on the list that I got from Dr. A? Or is it anything liquid? For example, I see posts on other forums that have recipes for the "all liquid phase" but I'm not sure if these are for pre or post op? I saw a post for liquid taco soup - it was just chick broth, tomato sauce and a little taco seasoning. It sounded like a nice change from just plain chicken broth. Also, saw one for egg drop soup? Please help! I don't want to jeopardize my surgery by eating the wrong things but I'm on day 3 and getting tired of the same things over and over.
  2. JLNorris
    JLNorris
    The recipes you see are post op. The list is what you need pre op. The list he gives you will help you with the greatest weight loss for this proceedure. Protein drinks are good. This is a high protein surgery. Any questions that you are not sure of please call his nurse for the best answer. Hope this helps. Getting excited for you!.
  3. Miek
    Miek
    Yes and one of the biggest reasons for the liqud diet is to shrink the liver and surrounding organs to make it easier for him to get access to the stomach. Trust me, a month from now you'll be so much happier the bland broth and protein shakes will be totally worth it. Don't deviate from his plan
  4. trying2live.right
    trying2live.right
    Some go on a 10 pre op diet so if you onlyeen need to do 3 days just stay the course that he gave you.
    Als. Be prepared the day you arrive. If you get there the day before your scheduled surgery they may offer to do surgery day early so limit any fluids at all. The benefit is You get an extra day of round the clock nursing care at hotel.
    Good luck
  5. martinez88
    martinez88
    I have been a little confused also because the packet WLA sent says your preop diet should consist of liquids jellos popsicles but yest there is also a paragraph that states you can have I believe 4 oz of chicken breast with lemon no seasoning or salt.... so what is it?? Then I was thinking about the bouillon cubes, my plan was to mix the cube with some water and have that as my meal, but the bouillon cube contains high amounts of sodium.... so then I started thinking that probably isn't a good idea, what if I start retaining water with all the sodium?? What if the sodium affects my BP?? Hmmm?? Any advice??
  6. melissa.merrill23
    melissa.merrill23
    I've been having liquid soup and adding serious seasoning to it, I'm on my 5th day preop and have dropped 7 lbs. just to let you know i can't live without tonys