Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Getting sleeved 3/9/15, anyone else?

1. ChefMissy
    ChefMissy
    Hey, all! I'm Missy from FL. I'm heading to Mexico on 3/8 to get sleeved on 3/9. My husband is coming with me. Where did your guests stay while you were in the hospital? Did anyone have trouble with the airline seatbelt? I am currently 377. Last time I flew I was 250 and the seatbelt barely fastened. Did anyone bring his/her own extender? If there are any other sleevers out there from north central Florida, or any getting sleeved around the same time, please feel free to respond - I'd love to hear from you. I am thankful for all the advice and experiences I have read here so far.
  2. Ndpndnt1
    Ndpndnt1
    Hey, Missy. I just got sleeved on December 16th, Dr. Almanza. I asked for a seatbelt extension on the plane and my husband and I stayed at the Hotel Real Del Rio. It was nice. It did not have a refrigerator or microwave for hubby to have his food. He went downstairs to the restaurant to eat. I wish you well and if you need to find out anything else; just ask.
  3. Stella2
    Stella2
    Hi!!! I got sleeved on the 19th of December with Dr. Almanza. I am home now in East Central Florida. What I recommend, and I am speaking only from MY experience...however long your Pre-Op diet is...I doubled it..I wanted to make sure that I was at the lowest weight possible before surgery and that I was completely "void" It sure helped me alot
    I wish you luck... let me know how you do, I care.
  4. Ndpndnt1
    Ndpndnt1
    Missy, I don't know what class seat your are sitting in on the plane. But if you are not in economy plus or first class you might be a little cramped. I weighed 304 lbs and my husband 290 lbs and we were like sardines in a can. So, if you can upgrade. I would, if you haven't already. And make sure you take something to be comfortable on your ride home. (Med for nausea and pain). I wasn't in pain from the surgery. Just the tiny plane and being in the same position for a few hours. We flew in from South Carolina. So it was a looooonnnnng flight.
  5. ChefMissy
    ChefMissy
    Thanks so much for the quick and friendly responses, everyone. I think I am going to spring for my own seatbelt extender. I did a quick search on Amazon and they aren't expensive. Hopefully it will work and I won't have to go through the embarrassment of asking for one. Thanks for the tip about upgrading from economy. I will check into it! We are supposed to stay at Real del Rio, as well, but my coordinator said I would be staying at the hospital for one night. I was wondering if my husband would have sleeping accommodations in my hospital room. I will ask weightlossagents, but maybe some of you will have guest experiences to share. By the way, I also live in north central Florida - the Starke/Keystone area.
  6. Leslie L.
    Leslie L.
    I will be getting sleeved March 17th so we will have just missed each other
  7. ChefMissy
    ChefMissy
    Good luck to you, Leslie! I am going to add you as a friend and maybe we can keep up with each other. I don't know about you, but right now it seems like I have both an extremely long wait, and not enough time lol. I have to turn in my paperwork for my passport this week, and I am watching flight prices daily so I can book when they are lowest. I am also doing a modified pre-op diet already, just trying to get in the right mindset. I'm certainly not on full liquids, but I am focusing on proteins and supplementing some meals with protein shakes. I'm also trying to train myself not to drink with meals and to chew thoroughly. Easier said than done since I have always been a fast eater!
  8. LindseyMarie
    LindseyMarie
    Im flying out on 3-8-15 as well with surgery on the 9th! I'm so excited but also nervous about the seats on the plane. iv never flown but have heard story's that the seats are going to be very uncomfortable for me due to my size.
  9. Jmichelle
    Jmichelle
    Im flying in on the 10th, with surgery scheduled on the 11th. We will be there around the same time.
  10. gigirn
    gigirn
    hello! I fly in on the 9th and have surgery on the 10th! good luck!
  11. PostalGuy95
    PostalGuy95
    Hey Missy...I also fly in on the 8th and will sleeve the 9th. I will travel with my wife. Look forward to meeting you.
  12. PostalGuy95
    PostalGuy95
    Missy, If you have never flown before, I can understand how you might be a little nervous but once you are in the air it should get better. I have flown over 240 times, although I have only landed in the airplane probably 20 times (I was a paratrooper in the military). We will most likely go through a few uncomfortable days but I believe that it will be well worth it. We can do this.
  13. kerrikoplin
    kerrikoplin
    Hi Missy, I bought an seat extender too for the trip back. The seat belt will be tight and I don't won't anymore pain than needed. Good luck.
  14. SLR
    SLR
    Hi! I am scheduled for March 9th as well. I looked at my calendar today and couldn't believe it. 2 weeks to go! We are driving in but will still meet at the airport location on Sunday. I'm getting really excited and nervous now. My husband is coming with me and is being supportive, but is really extra nervous about everything. I can't wait til it's done and I can say "See, everything went fine!" At least, that's what I'm hoping for Positive thinking!!