Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Need reassurance!

1. Healthynana15
    Healthynana15
    I am booked for surgery with Dr Almanza March 3 and have read some very scary stuff on here recently . Dr Almanza came recommended by a coworker that had him for the gastric sleeve 3 years ago. Now reading in this forum I am second guessing choosing him. He does so many more surgeries a day than most. He is doing 10 the day I have mine. What do I do!? Did anyone else worry about this?
  2. tashakelson
    tashakelson
    Well my take on it is that 97% of the things I have read have been positive
    When I do read something scary I wonder how true it is...if it was me who had a bad experience
    I would give lots of details and plaster it all over the internet (not just focus on getting money back - things I have read)
    Once the surgery is done people have to still do their part...
    I follow people who have an upcoming surgery before me and talk to them once they have done theirs...
    Also you personally know someone who has gone before you...
    10 surgeries a day doesn't bother me...surgery is about 45 minutes...that is like working a 10 hr day...lots of people do that and more
    I try to look at it as if he has a lot of experience...
    This is just my take on it...I'm going next Tuesday, follow me and I will give you the good, bad and ugly ��
    After all at this point I am 100% committed...hope this helps...NO WORRIES ��
  3. secretblonde
    secretblonde
    My surgery was 20 min... the girl after me was 25... several of the women scheduled with me were nurses. . Dr almanza and staff are excellent. ..they have it down to a science. ..the ones that needed more time got it.. best of luck with your journey
  4. trulyamazingtoo
    trulyamazingtoo
    I am getting on flight now headed to Almanza. I will let you knkw how it goes. I have heard the bad too amd am a little scared.
  5. Healthynana15
    Healthynana15
    Thank you! That does help. And I do realize any surgery comes with potential risks but reading scary stuff just before surgery is just nerve wracking and I should probably just stop reading so much at this point. I am committed and looking forward to being sleeved! Please keep me informed how you do as well.
  6. gigirn
    gigirn
    OK...I also read the post posted yesterday. I too am slightly more nervous now...but, I just am putting my trust and faith in our heavenly Father. He will provide and keep watch over us. I go in a little under 3 weeks and just have to focus on the positives. Good Luck.
  7. Sunnybell
    Sunnybell
    I had mine Jan 29th, I had a great experience there and have been steadily losing weight and healing and each day gets better. I made a mistake and ate something I shouldn't have a little too soon, and my sleeve "rejected" it. Other than that, all is wonderful. I think sticking straight to the pre & post op instructions are of utmost importance!!! You will do fine!!! No worries!!!!
  8. projax5000
    projax5000
    I have seen the posts too but it is just the same ones...or people who have not had him...i feel bad they had trouble but not 100% of people will have a great outcome...that is true of anywhere...i have looked all over the web and yes have seen some negatives but like i said it was a couple of patients on different forums making a lot of noise....most people have had positive outcomes...i am putting my faith in him and hoping all goes well for all of us.....just go with your gut and look around....the bad stuff seems to come from small handful of the same people....i wish them well hope they get better
  9. Miek
    Miek
    Your coworker's experience should be all the reassurance you need but you're doing the thing by reaching out here. I can only speak for myself but Dr A sleeved me last March. I've been at my goal size since September and only regret not doing it sooner. The most important advice I can offer is to follow the pre and post op instructions to the T and enjoy the ride.

As for my decision to go with Dr A, it was based completely on his experience. I doubt there's another surgeon in the world with as many surgeries as he's performed. He's also had it done to himself so he's sensitive to our journey. The folks that had issues would've likely had issues regardless of who or where their procedures were done (IMO).
  10. Jmichelle
    Jmichelle
    If you've read the good and the bad and have done your research, trust your decision. I read the comments yesterday as well and it kind of makes you have that flutter of anxiety and make you second guess your decision, but at the end of the day, we all know the outcomes will not be good for everyone and potential for complication is always there for any type of surgery. I'm sticking with my decision to go through with the surgery and trust that my surgery will be successful.
    As my dad always says "just keep the faith"
  11. Suzanne3/12
    Suzanne3/12
    I had the sleeve surgery last March, one of best decisions I have made. Get up and start walking as much as you can. Find a fellow patient and get out and walk. Don't hesitate to ask questions if you feel uneasy about something. Follow directions, get on the forums... I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Almanza and his team. Some of the clinics seem a little small compared to US (we are so spoiled) but all is clean and people are so nice.
  12. Jacobcat
    Jacobcat
    Hi...

I had Dr. Almanza last September...everything about it was an awesome experience...from him to the nurses to the hospital to even the drivers...I never had any issues or complications...best thing I have ever done and would go back in a heartbeat...I'm at my goal and feeling fantastic...he is an awesome talented surgeon...
  13. JLNorris
    JLNorris
    I have never seen a bad post on Dr Almanza. Where is this post your talking about?
  14. Healthynana15
    Healthynana15
    Thanks again everyone for some reassurance. I am committed and will go with knowing his surgery is a "well oiled machine" with lots of experience! Also lots of prayers and positive thinking. The bad post op complication was titled "3 weeks out and regretting it" and it is interesting but the really scary negative post seems to have disappeared off of her replies.
  15. Healthynana15
    Healthynana15
    Thanks again everyone for some reassurance. I am committed and will go with knowing his surgery is a "well oiled machine" with lots of experience! Also lots of prayers and positive thinking. The bad post op complication was titled "3 weeks out and regretting it" and it is interesting but the really scary negative post seems to have disappeared off of her replies.