Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

stitch removal

1. linzy2886
    linzy2886
    Im having my surgery in 19 days yay!!! im a bit freaked about having to remove the stitches myself. my mother is a nurse and my sister in law but they do not know im getting it done so i cant ask them to take them out. anybody removed their own?? is it hard and does it hurt?
  2. llburbach
    llburbach
    I am a nurse and had a friend who is also a nurse remove them for me. You can always pay and go to urgent care to have them removed. It is not hard you just need the right kind of scissors and remember to keep the areas clean and dry.

Best of luck to you,
    Laura
  3. linzy2886
    linzy2886
    Ya but im cheap lol thats why im going to mexico lol. Ok clean and dry i will do.thank you
  4. andremtz75
    andremtz75
    My wife remove my stitches and she is not a nurse,did not hurt at all.I went to a medical supply store purchase a stitch removal kit for like $10
  5. jenifer
    jenifer
    I removed my own stitches. I was scared at first but I didn't feel a thing. Also get the some butterfly bandages to put on the wounds after removing the stitches.
  6. Lovablemona2
    Lovablemona2
    Am I glad I read this! I will go to an Urgent Care to have them removed! Thanks so much for posting this!
  7. aldugan
    aldugan
    What do you mean you have to remove your own stitches?
  8. linzy2886
    linzy2886
    Okay cool great thanks for the info on the stitch removal kit i didnt know there was such now i will have to go buy one . and your welcome for posting lol. aldugan i mean you have to find a way to remove your own stitches unless you want to fly back to mexico to get them removed lol
  9. JLNorris
    JLNorris
    I agree. Go to am urgent care. I removed my own but I've been in nursing for years. Please take care and what a major surprise for your family!