Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Are you happy with sleeve done by Dr. Elias Ortiz?

1. Lee6Lee
    Lee6Lee
    My surgery date is April 22nd. I was happy with my choice of surgeon until hearing a patient of Dr. Almanza say how his job is so superior to others...even the ones who have paid $20,000 for it stateside. What should I think?
  2. knip_toh
    knip_toh
    You will NOT regret E. Ortiz! The ALM team is hands down A++++ I love everyone on the team! He as a surgeon was professional and caring! His assistant Dr. Morales is also the same but with a Witty side! Morales is an OB/GYN also!

They only schedule 4 surgeries a day (no more than 5) and I've read where almanza lines them up and numbers them - someone paid extra to make sure they weren't like #15! That scared me - it's like a cattle line you know?
  3. Romaniangel
    Romaniangel
    I had originally planned dr almanza, and after about a year research I changed to dr Ortiz!! I couldn't be more sure about my choice
    He is an incredible dr that I have not heard one bad thing about!! I'm very much looking forward to my surgery on March 1st
  4. knip_toh
    knip_toh
    I also liked I got three nights in a first class hotel and 2 nights in a "hospital" with around the clock care and attention!
  5. karenl3
    karenl3
    I'm happy with my choice as well. I almost went with Almanza. I'm serious you guys. I can't find one person the same day as me on this forum or any other. I'm strangely happy about that. LOL
  6. Lee6Lee
    Lee6Lee
    Thank you, everyone! Tears of joy. You are all the greatest and know I will have wonderful support on this site. Looking forward to doing the same.
  7. BelindaK
    BelindaK
    My weight loss buddy had Almanza, I had Ortiz. After comparing notes, we both agree that I got the better bargain, better surgeon and better company. Dr. Almanza did 12 the day she was there, and she said that looking up into the vents in the clinic, they were dirty and dusty. She came home with dirty socks (from the hotel carpet) a staph infection and ugly scars. My incisions are nearly invisible. Ortiz is an excellent surgeon and ALM is a superior company to work with. In a few months, compare scars with your friend.
  8. Dair67
    Dair67
    Dr. Ortiz and A Lighter Me for me as well. Very satisfied with everyone involved! I don't know if it was the surgeon or my luck, but I had absolutely no pain at all and have felt great ever since.
  9. paradoxgal
    paradoxgal
    Dr Ortiz and Morales did a good job for me. I mean, I wasn't overly impressed by the Hospital Mi Doctor and nurses, but I was very happy with my surgeons and the hotel. My scars look great (they are quite bigger than my hysterectomy scars though) and I was happy with my pain management and visits by the doctors.
  10. Romaniangel
    Romaniangel
    Karen, I also can not find anyone scheduled the same day as me. When I last spoke with Janese I was the only one booked that day!
  11. Vanessa2
    Vanessa2
    Wow love this thread. More anxious than ever! Happy to join the journey with you all!
  12. Dawzow
    Dawzow
    I'm 14 days post op from surgery with Dr. Elias Ortiz and alm. Couldn't be happier. I had a great surgery... And I'm serious when I say I even had fun on the trip. I was the only surgery scheduled the day I had mine. There were 2 surgeries the day before and 2 the day after.... I felt like I was in wonderful hands. I could go on and on... But I am 100% confident in my decision and so glad I chose alm and Dr. Ortiz.
  13. Barbsbc
    Barbsbc
    I would certainly recommend Dr. Ortiz. I had my surgery back on December 3rd, I had some minor complications that could have happened here in Canada with Surgery. I am taking my mom down on Tuesday to TJ to have her surgery with Dr.Ortiz. I too was originally going to go with Dr. Almanza but after some careful investigations Dr. Ortiz seemed like the right fit. No regrets.
  14. Celestial03
    Celestial03
    I'm flying out in the morning, surgery with Dr. Ortiz on Monday!! I too have done a lot of research and feel very confident in my decision. As far as I know, my friend and I are the only ones scheduled that day.. Can't find anyone else on here that is. See you guys on the losing side!!
  15. Lee6Lee
    Lee6Lee
    So happy to hear of all the good experiences people have had with Ortiz. Especially BelindaK...thank you for the response. I'm so happy I'm going with Ortiz. I had originally chosen Almanza, but he had just changed hospitals and communication was closed for a few days. A wonderful twist of fate and a great blessing. Thank you, again.
  16. TeacherJenn
    TeacherJenn
    So glad to find this group. I just sent my health questionnaire in and am waiting on a reply back. I was going to go with Dr. Aceves, who I have heard great things about, but the cost is almost double. I know our health is priceless, but I don't see the need in spending so much more if I don't need to. I have researched a lot and hear so many good things about Dr. Elias Ortiz. Please keep sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks in advance.
  17. Suzizme
    Suzizme
    I am with paradox ! Ortiz was fantastic! The hotel was fantastic! Lighter me was great. The hospital was a little creepy. If my hubby gets it done, I would still advise for lighter me!
  18. jodes245
    jodes245
    Just wanted to put it out there that I had Dr. Ortiz with A Lighter Me and I couldn't be happier with the experience. As all other posters to this thread have noted, the care was excellent, the nurses were totally on top of things throughout my hospital stay, the hospital was clean and quiet, Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Morales both visited me numerous times, the hotel was lovely and all of the staff, both with A Lighter Me and at the hotel were just great, super attentive. My scars are healing nicely and except for not being able to eat much I feel great! Highly recommend Dr. Ortiz and A Lighter Me. You will not be sorry!
  19. Lee6Lee
    Lee6Lee
    Dr. Elias Ortiz is a great doctor. I'm so happy I went with him. I have to say..."Viva la Mexico!"
  20. RonaB
    RonaB
    Anyone going down in December. I looked at my schedule and since I usually take off the last couple of weeks in December, I thought that would be a good time to go since I can recuperate without having to take any time off. Son turn 18 and moved away, so it will be a pretty lonely Christmas and I won't be able to eat anything anyway. Don't know how I will explain this away to the family during the holidays becuase I have told only my BFF and my sister. Both are extremely supportive, but to tell the parentals, would have to hear about the fears of getting surgery in Mexico., etc. They really wouldnt understand.

I want to thank everyone who has shared their experiences with Dr. Ortiz as it helped me decide who to go with. Sonya has been delightful, no pressure and always answers my questions. Since I still have a couple of months to go, I have scheduled it for 12/13/14. (See the date, must be a sign), I still have a lot of time to worry, question myself etc...But watching the videos and reading the boards and doing my research, I believe this is the best thing for me to do. I will be 54 in a couple of weeks and since I am on my own again, I want to make life about me for awhile. I lost myself somewhere and am looking forward to getting it back. So, I will continue to browse these boards and hopefully some of you will reach out to me and share with me and help me to understand the journey that is in front of me...thanks for reading.
  21. Ema
    Ema
    I am nearly 28 days out with Dr. E. Ortiz. I feel I received excellent care from the surgeons and from the hospital staff. I have had no problems following surgery, I feel well, I look good, and my energy is good. I recommend Dr. E. Ortiz and A Lighter Me.
  22. Lee6Lee
    Lee6Lee
    I'm so happy I used him. Initially I was in touch with the Almanza group, but they quit responding when he moved to another hospital. As fate would have it, I then came across Dr. Elias Ortiz. So glad I did! Those Almanza nicked spleens and collapsed lungs are horrifying to read about.
  23. RonaB
    RonaB
    Can anyone tell me if Dr. Ortiz sews over his staples? I hear that a lot if doctors perform this and was wondering if he does it as well?
  24. Lee6Lee
    Lee6Lee
    You'd have to email a coordinator and ask.
  25. FindingMyLostSpirit
    FindingMyLostSpirit
    With all of you who went through ALM and had Dr. Elias Ortiz for surgery, which hospital did you use? Looking for some direction Thanks!
  26. Dawzow
    Dawzow
    I could not be more pleased with Dr. Ortiz and ALM. I'm a year out, down 100 lb, and now 20 weeks pregnant. My entire experience there was top notch and I would recommend them to anyone. I am still in touch with the staff and coordinators and that speaks volumes of this company! My scars are tiny and perfect, even my Dr's here in the states are impressed. I wouldn't change this outcome for anything!